PDA

View Full Version : help king springs

illuzi0nz
27-02-2009, 05:24 PM
are king springs considered hard or soft? and when they're referred to as 'hard', does that mean its really bumpy and going over a speed hump quick would put u in a neckcollar? lol

ive searched, but i dont understand all the numbers and figures that have been said so ... lol
thanks in advance

night_wolf
28-02-2009, 06:52 AM
had kings spring lows on my car and they wernt bumpy at all, teggy vtir... but did drive carefully over speed bumps as the comfort level is altered with the shorter springs.

depends greatly on weather your getting super lows or lows, super lows are bump and cause an unforgiving ride when going over pot holes and bumps. lows on the other hand are just a tad little comfortable than the oem sussy's.

hope that helps

Lukey
28-02-2009, 10:26 AM
dont go over speedbumps fast you tool.

i got ultra lows in my dc4 and it isnt that stiff cos my shockers are knackered

migoreng
28-02-2009, 10:32 AM
little bumpier than stock.
my car is lowered on kings lows with stock shocks and wheels. the drop was around 1.5"

not sure if other brands are more comfy but if i look under my car it's pretty close to the ground. there's a reason why king made the springs stiff otherwise the plastic under the front bar would be hitting the ground most of the time

especially on roads like parramatta road/hume hwy..

SHOGUNOVDDRK
28-02-2009, 10:38 AM
If you are concerned about spring rates get yourself some Custom K-macs.

Can do spring rate and the drop you want.

Red_EG4
28-02-2009, 01:31 PM
If you can find out the spring rates of the king springs you will be able to have a better understanding of how 'hard' the springs are.

For example the springs in my car are 9kg/mm for the front. It is quite firm.
That particular spring needs 9 kg to compress 1 mm.

I think king springs are around the 4-5 kg/mm mark but I am not sure on that, and it depends on the car they are going in.

and when they're referred to as 'hard', does that mean its really bumpy and going over a speed hump quick would put u in a neckcollar? lol
Hard springs take more pressure to compress. So instead of the spring absorbing the bump by compressing, the shock of the bump is distributed throughout the car.