PDA

View Full Version : Car wont start.

rayb3na_
27-02-2009, 05:32 PM
ok guys im got an issue now.. last night car just wouldnt kick over for some reason after i got a wire tuck and battery relocation.

the car turns on reds fine.. i hear the fuel prime.. i try and crank the motor over and it just doesnt crank at all.. thought it mightve been starter motor.. clutch started the car and then cranked it.. heard something spin so im guessing its cranking after its on.. took off the starter motor to double check what was going on.. hooked it up to a battery its ok i think.. it spins? added another ground to the starter motor and now when i crank it i can hear the starter motor spinning but its just spinning.. i dont know if its extending to spin the fly wheel.. i dont what the hecks going on!

HELP GUYS!

zco
27-02-2009, 05:50 PM
who wire tucked it for you ? take it back to that person

if it was your own doing, then ring drhnda. he solves everyhting hehe

did u remove ground anywhere else ?

bennjamin
27-02-2009, 09:37 PM
as zeek said - take it back.
Does it prime ?does it turn over but not start ? Or even does it click when you try to start it ?

Another small thing -make sure major grounds are connected with metal bolts. Not painted as i found out one time (car didnt turnover , gearbox ground wasnt correctly grounded due to painted bolt holding it to chassis.

B18cEG
27-02-2009, 10:29 PM
As said above check the gearbox ground and the battery ground just to be sure, if u can hear it spinning only thenb the starter solenoid may not be pushing the starter gear out and instead just spinning, or just popping out and not spinning, if ur good with mechanical things then it may pay to remove the starter again and check the brushes on the motor and all connections on the starter, compressed air is great to remove all the dust inside, or u can just take it to an auto electrician and see wat they think. can you explain more of what it done when you connected it to the battery direct, did the gear pop outwards and spin or just spin? you can also try lightly tap the starter and solenoid with a hammer or something fairly hard and try crank and repeat, hope it helps

tiksie
28-02-2009, 01:45 AM
You would be amazed what a knocking on the starter motor would do sometimes!

bennjamin
28-02-2009, 09:01 AM
You would be amazed what a knocking on the starter motor would do sometimes!

it can get a weakly grounded or worn bushed starter started. that doesnt cure the problem tho !

B18cEG
28-02-2009, 09:15 AM
it can get a weakly grounded or worn bushed starter started. that doesnt cure the problem tho !

Yes, we all know it wont fix his problem but it could possibly get him started to drive the car somewhere, either way get the starter checked out.

Sir_vtec
28-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Check wires and its connectors that are connected to the starter motor are not damage because;
- they are the weakest parts on the wires.
- sometimes a tuck can put stress on the connectors that connects the wires to the start motor if they get stretched.

If all works (radio, clock, lights, etc) and doesnt crank its def the wires to starter/ ground wires.

i had same problem

zco
01-03-2009, 11:09 PM
no reply from OP..
diagnose it yet ? if so, what was the problem yO !

Sir_vtec
02-03-2009, 12:52 AM
mr zico! red bumper FTW!!! :p

I reckon it was his wires going to the starter.

B18cEG
02-03-2009, 10:17 AM
he said it spun so it has power = prob not wiring, i think it was a fault with the starter itself, well wat is it rayb3na???

Tai
02-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Probably because of dodgy install.

bennjamin
02-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Probably because of dodgy install.

its directly related to the install. :wave:

Whoever did it Ray take it back dude and get em to sort it.

zco
02-03-2009, 06:55 PM
how does it have anything to do with a dodgy install ?

the car was running fine after the install until it was tucked..
if it was tucked by the same person as the install, then the tuck went wrong. not the install..

rayb3na_
03-03-2009, 04:23 PM
nah the car was fine.. still unsure as to what the issue was added another ground to starter motor and bolted it up.. all good now! thanks for the info guys.

bennjamin
03-03-2009, 06:45 PM
how does it have anything to do with a dodgy install ?

the car was running fine after the install until it was tucked..
if it was tucked by the same person as the install, then the tuck went wrong. not the install..

I referred as "install" as "the enginebay wire tuck" guys !

I correct myself and state its directly related to the wire tuck

the issue Ray ,, was the starter was incorrectly grounded and simly wouldnt start. Usually loose/frayed/painted bolt on the gearbox-chassis ground.