PDA

View Full Version : hid's for my dc4

dc4u
27-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Hey guys,

Ive seen the accord euro headlights a fair few times and love the brightness so i want my integra to have the same effect.

Can i buy a certain set of hids that are the exact same color and power output e.t.c? if not, whats the closest i can get and where will i buy them from. Im not all technical with the whole hid scene obviously, so try and keep the technicalities low key lol :thumbsup:

Thanks guys,

Pete.

geeang
28-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Look for HID sets in 4300 - 6000k (colour temperature), but do note that HID's in a DC4 is completely illegal.

dc4u
28-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Look for HID sets in 4300 - 6000k (colour temperature), but do note that HID's in a DC4 is completely illegal.

thanks! :thumbsup: .. i just found some articles and realised that HID's are illegal on cars that did not come factory with them. but yet so many people have them. :eek:

i read that its because they can be blinding to oncoming drivers (the ones approved at the factory is because those cars have special suspensions system or something which adjust the beam..or something along those lines)

but then i read about retrofitting. will this eliminate the danger to oncoming traffic? is it very common to be pulled over for having HIDs? i dont wana cross the line by blinding on coming traffic or going against the law.

geeang
28-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Retrofitting helps to provide a better projector for the cutoff of the light output.

Factory fitted HID's need a self-levelling system and headlight washers to be legal.

You will probably blind oncoming traffic if they're not adjusted properly, and it will always be illegal no matter what you do.
It's all up to the cop that pulls you over, some don't care but some will rape you for it.

night_wolf
28-02-2009, 09:44 PM
they may be illegal but i myself have not ever had a problem with the cops nor do i know anyone that has ever had any issues.....

dtrang
01-03-2009, 03:25 PM
i took off my HIDs so im thinking off replacing them with philips xtreme (80% more light vs standard) or power2night (50%). 50% seems good as my bro put it on his bike.

02gzm
01-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Just get projectors with a quality bulb. It will give you clean crisp lines with good visibility. And cops wont hassle you

peeweechik
02-03-2009, 01:49 PM
with HID i got 8000k that colour that you'll get is a blueish colour with 6000k you'll get a whiteish colour

8000k looks good just be aware that it might blind people eye coming from the other direction soo just make sure the adjustment are point down

ive never had any probs with the 8000k no hassle from cops

night_wolf
02-03-2009, 03:07 PM
ok i drive a dc2 teggy with 3k HID's which are yellow/amber'ish. DC4U u have nothing to worry about mate. dc oem headlights use a projector unit so the hid's are not flared/disperesed everywhere. they are more concentrated. so cops wont dick you.

my mate had the same color temp on a eg civic on oem headlights (which are not projecter lights), his lights were disperesed everywhere but noone dicked him for it. he drove infront, behind cops and no drama's mate.

my advise is dont go over 8k mate as the hid lights wont improve visibility in the wet. so its not all about looks too bro.

dc4u
02-03-2009, 07:07 PM
thanks heaps for all the input. ive never known of anybody being done for having aftermarket HIDs but then again, the possibility is there. I dont wana impair the vision of other drivers, especially myself so i'll take special consideration into it. it seems that pointing them downwards is the most effective way to have HIDs installed.

I am still very indecisive about the color though so can we start a "Show off your HID's" thread in appearance... and say what HID setup you have? unless there is already one. :thumbsup:

night_wolf
02-03-2009, 10:07 PM
thanks heaps for all the input. ive never known of anybody being done for having aftermarket HIDs but then again, the possibility is there. I dont wana impair the vision of other drivers, especially myself so i'll take special consideration into it. it seems that pointing them downwards is the most effective way to have HIDs installed.

I am still very indecisive about the color though so can we start a "Show off your HID's" thread in appearance... and say what HID setup you have? unless there is already one. :thumbsup:

color depends on what your after. anything over the 8k mark tends to be going overbord. i got the 3k hids because the amber/yellow beam is cool looking but also visibility is awesome in all weather conditions. even in fog im not concerned about fogs as the 3k hid's are killing two birds with one stone.

6k is a good color temp for a car as visibility is greatly improved and is the light beam is not distorted by weather conditions. whereas compared to the 8k the visibility drops a bit in the rain.