PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a double din headunit to a FN2R

aijii
02-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Guys,

Check out this thread:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice/8911-double-din-facia-aftermarket-head-unit-navi-fitted-pictures-2.html

and this one:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice/11933-double-din-part-number.html

and also this one:

http://www.honda-ctr.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=&start=&p=9759

Basically, it's possible to get a new dash piece that fits a double din hu, and also a replacement clock that has it's own buttons for adjusting the time.

Need to make sure you get the correct orientation ie RHD parts.

The part numbers for RHD cars are:

39720-SMR-E01 (right hand drive display)
77251SMGE00ZA (right hand drive dash fascia)

I've rung John Blair spare parts, and they don't have these parts on their system (surprise surprise).

They are checking with Honda Australia, but i think i'm wasting my time. I need to find someone who has access to the global parts catalog.

Any ideas ?

TJHoolio
02-03-2009, 10:08 AM
it seems as though its a double din kit to put your own dvd player touch screen system in. its so large though that it would take up the room of the existing stereo which is fine, but also the heater and a/c controls.

How do you adjust temperature in the car.

This looks good though, i wouldn't mind sourcing one for myself.

aijii
02-03-2009, 01:18 PM
The double din part replaces the complete fascia with a new one. You don't lose the heater a/c controls.

The temperature is adjusted by the heater and a/c controls that are still there after you install the fascia ;)

The entire stereo is removed, so you need a way of adjusting the clock. With the new "non radio" display as mentioned above you can adjust the clock directly from the display, and internally this is wired directly to the A/C unit whereas stock this is wired through the stereo to the A/C.

TJHoolio
03-03-2009, 01:50 PM
OIC, this means that using this new facia i can put in any touch screen dvd player i want correct, obviously to the size of the window thats there. The heater and a/c controls would they be left behind the facia or would they need to be relocated somewhere else?

Do you have any idea how i can acquire this for my FN2R? Im very interested, this facia would compliment my audio upgrade to the car that i am planning on doing.

The double din part replaces the complete fascia with a new one. You don't lose the heater a/c controls.

The temperature is adjusted by the heater and a/c controls that are still there after you install the fascia ;)

The entire stereo is removed, so you need a way of adjusting the clock. With the new "non radio" display as mentioned above you can adjust the clock directly from the display, and internally this is wired directly to the A/C unit whereas stock this is wired through the stereo to the A/C.

Audio Express
20-11-2009, 12:03 AM
I can get them. not vheap to do it properly though.

TGS79
25-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Ash @ GL pro sound in melbourne has one in there Demo car.

Stechy
30-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Ash @ GL pro sound in melbourne has one in there Demo car.

Do you have an address and contact number for GL Pro Sound?

TGS79
30-11-2009, 12:31 PM
I am pretty sure this is their website
www.glprosound.com.au

FKN2R
18-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Sorry to dig an old thread, but is there any current places in Australia making these units? Only seen stuff from UK which is about $250+

Audio Express
18-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Sorry to dig an old thread, but is there any current places in Australia making these units? Only seen stuff from UK which is about $250+

thats where I buy from when I need the panel and brackets. the entire exercise is a $400 deal once you buy the assocaited interfaces. I have those on the shelf here at the shop if you want them (07-3883-1700)
Chris