PDA

View Full Version : abnormal loud exhaust sound

tunacnt
03-03-2009, 01:59 AM
xxxxx

Joe kickarse
03-03-2009, 06:47 AM
Best bet is to hoist the car up and check if there is any leaks in the exhaust, or if the exhaust has unbolted itself anywhere else.

Nepolian
03-03-2009, 07:51 AM
May have blown an exhuats gasket some where. Otherwise, your muffler may have broken up internally somewhere.

Without hearing it it is hard to diagnose.

But Im guessing gasket!

Good luck!

NightKids
03-03-2009, 08:05 AM
This is what happens when you thrash a car when cold

mars_panas
03-03-2009, 08:13 AM
hrmms i believe u have a hole somewhere on ur exhaust... as others has said hoist the car up and check

aaronng
03-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Yeah, check for exhaust leaks at every gasket/flange and flex pipe. Also look out for rust spots. If there is no leak, then the sound could have come from damage when you thrashed the cold engine.

kikxz
03-03-2009, 03:43 PM
yeah it could be a rust patch that made a hole in the exuast i had the same problem coming back form a holiday the whole trip back my car sounded like a harley davison where as the start of the trip it was normal. Take it to an exhaust shop to see if they can diagnose the problems all it could need is a patch weld

Tarquin
04-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Hey
i had a similar problem with my ek, pretty much out of no where i had a much louder exhaust with a loud rattle aswell. if ya got a rattle in ur exhaust you may hav done a catalytic converter, thats happened in my case

Lukey
04-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey
i had a similar problem with my ek, pretty much out of no where i had a much louder exhaust with a loud rattle aswell. if ya got a rattle in ur exhaust you may hav done a catalytic converter, thats happened in my case

i had a rattle in my stock resonator when first starting up and occasionly when idling at traffic lights

jeffreymui
04-03-2009, 08:13 PM
go in for a service and ask them for a time valve check? thats what happened to my dc4 aswell......but i still gotta make my effort to get to the garage haha