PDA

View Full Version : New City Body Kit Fitting

redstreak
03-03-2009, 06:09 AM
Attached is the photos of the new body kit for the City.Fitting wasnt too hard and looks great.These photos are without the grille and rear spoiler done.Kits are made from ABS plastic.Personally i would like to see a larger wing and with the size and shape of the boot lid finding one to fit shouldnt be a problem.:honda
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu330/omgisuck09/hondacitykit011.jpg
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu330/omgisuck09/hondacitykit012.jpg
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu330/omgisuck09/hondacitykit009.jpg
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu330/omgisuck09/hondacitykit010.jpg
This was a VTI so you need to cut out the front bar section to allow for fog lamp fitment if the customer requires.Obviously fit time is less if fitting to a model already with lamps.Also you need an exhaust extension a the very least.This car was fitted at the same time as a Swift was being done so we pinched the surplus extension for the City.
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu330/omgisuck09/hondacitykit008.jpg

~Sp33~
16-03-2009, 12:53 PM
They're a great looking little car.

AznEmpress
18-03-2009, 07:04 PM
The optional grille looks awesome on the VTI-L but at a RRP of $350, it's a bit OTT... ditto the RRP for the optional 16 inch rims... beaut car tho ^^

Judge_City
25-03-2009, 12:25 AM
I think the Stock Grille is wayyy better then the Modulo!. Thats my fave part of my City - the Grille, its so distinct and kinda reminds me of Optimus Prime. LOL.
Anyway, i think the kit looks good around though. perhaps it will look better lowered. in terms of modifying the stock city looks .. let me know if anyone is thinking of doing this, instead of putting the sports kit on.

AznEmpress
25-03-2009, 08:38 AM
in terms of modifying the stock city looks .. let me know if anyone is thinking of doing this, instead of putting the sports kit on.

Why's that? Do you own/work for a company who specializes in custom-made kits?

Judge_City
25-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh no Empress. I just want to see how it looks. :)

jimmiboi
03-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Just wondering how much did u pick up the full body kit for ?

silvabullit
05-04-2009, 10:19 PM
The full modulus kit inc rims is @$4k which is a lot!! The stock VTi-L rims look the best IMO. I can get a kit (F&R lip, side skirts, grille and rear spoiler) for just under $2400 which is still a bit on the pricey side.

preludacris
06-04-2009, 02:29 AM
holy crap. those rims look so tiny next to that bulbus front end. the front grill is the same size as the wheel .. lol..

needs 18minimum

Judge_City
06-04-2009, 10:40 AM
holy crap. those rims look so tiny next to that bulbus front end. the front grill is the same size as the wheel .. lol..

needs 18minimum

ooh id love to see a city with 18" hehehe, and lowered!
the potential this car has of being souped up has not let down its honda family has it?!?!? waday'all think?!

silvabullit
06-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Well the first thing i will be doing is getting rid of the turanza's as they are just too small. Typical honda always putting smaller tyres width wise!! I am going to put some 205/40 or 45/16 on to replace the 185/55/16. i willsee what I can get that is close to stock tyre fitment rolling diameter.

Once that is done it is time to go lower........

Judge_City
07-04-2009, 01:39 AM
Well the first thing i will be doing is getting rid of the turanza's as they are just too small. Typical honda always putting smaller tyres width wise!! I am going to put some 205/40 or 45/16 on to replace the 185/55/16. i willsee what I can get that is close to stock tyre fitment rolling diameter.

Once that is done it is time to go lower........

Oooh Oohh. Im excited about the prospective modifications you mention.
I thought the tyre width looked a little too small, and i am by no means, a mod expert on cars. I just thought it didnt accord with the overall masculinity of the City. I thought about changing the tyres, but I am concerned about its effects on the overall drive on the car, i.e. will it create more drag, thereby having a detrimental effect on fuel efficiency?!?! (i.e. putting wider tyres) Or does your spec of 205/40 or 45/16 just right, as to not create too much of a change.

Also, would changing the tyre size to larger measurement mean that the stock Rims can no longer be fitted!??! Cos i love the stock rims!

And one more question bullit. Do you plan on lowering and addig the sports kit (i.e. front and rear lips and sideskirts) ??

silvabullit
07-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Tyre changes I will be doing to geth them a bit wider but close to the same rolling diameter to not affect the speedo.

Won't affect using the stock rim on the VTI-L. I like them too.

body kit is something that I am looking at but as far as timeline goes not sure as to when I will get it as it ain't cheap!!

Judge_City
07-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Tyre changes I will be doing to geth them a bit wider but close to the same rolling diameter to not affect the speedo.

Won't affect using the stock rim on the VTI-L. I like them too.

body kit is something that I am looking at but as far as timeline goes not sure as to when I will get it as it ain't cheap!!

Make sure you post pictures and discuss performance when that is done ok mate. If the review is positive. Im cracking my medium sized piggy bank!:wave: The big one was used for the City :D

silvabullit
07-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Will do no probs!!

AznEmpress
12-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey guys. Digging up an old thread, but has anyone purchased, and fit, the full moduline kit yet?

silvabullit
12-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Unless I find $2400 I wont be getting it anytime soon....

But do have other items on the radar.....

clairegirl
13-05-2009, 07:37 AM
where are your pics of your silver city??? i've been waiting ages haha ... i keep checking the forums to see if you've put up pics lol