PDA

View Full Version : car service 60000km (EK CXI)

AutoNoob
03-03-2009, 04:30 PM
lol, it's amazing this 1999 car only has 59300kms on it atm.

Ok so, I havnt changed the oil since like august of last year. Why?
August to December i was working on a powerstation so car sat at home doing nothing.
December to Feb - work at north ryde, so some driving
and now im back at uni so car again does like 10kms a day.
I checked the oil colour not long ago and it looks quite clean almost honey new colour.

Anyway the 60000km service is due soon. What do i need to do apart from engine oil.
sparkplugs, airfilter, any other fluids? anything major to replace? what to check? and how to check? or easier to get like hannys to do a complete service.

i know the service manual tells to change in either 60000kms or 120 months whichever comes first. Should I follow this?

na-118
03-03-2009, 04:42 PM
oil, oil filter, fuel filter, check gearbox oil, power steering all your fluids, air filter,

EK1.6LCIV
03-03-2009, 04:44 PM
could flush clutch fluid as well if u have the time

might as well change the rad fluid if its been idle for ages, easy to do job

AutoNoob
01-04-2009, 12:56 PM
yes im 100kms to 60000kms now so i have to do a service.

so according to the previous 2 posts:

I know how to do: oil, oil filter, air filter

I dont know how to do: fuel filter, check gearbox oil, power steering fluids, spark plugs, radiator fluids, clutch fluid...I suppose this forum has threads on all of these services which i dont know how to do. Can someone help find post them ? hehe.

And, with these replacements what recommendations do you have? Like is the cheapest stuff from BIG W good enough? What tools do i need?

car: EK 1999 CXI

EK1.6LCIV
01-04-2009, 01:07 PM
yes im 100kms to 60000kms now so i have to do a service.

so according to the previous 2 posts:

I know how to do: oil, oil filter, air filter

I dont know how to do: fuel filter, check gearbox oil, power steering fluids, spark plugs, radiator fluids, clutch fluid...I suppose this forum has threads on all of these services which i dont know how to do. Can someone help find post them ? hehe.

And, with these replacements what recommendations do you have? Like is the cheapest stuff from BIG W good enough? What tools do i need?

car: EK 1999 CXI

fuel filter you need a rachet set and some socket pieces (can't recall size as I looked in the haynes manual for it at the time) comes with the filter and washers in the kit from Honda, pretty striaght forward, just remember to undo the fuel cap completely to relieve the fuel system of pressure :D

checking the gear box fluid requires you to jack up the car onto 4 jack stands and get it level, then undo the fill bolt (on the d16 I work on its above the drain plug a good several inches on the drivers side :D) you'll need a breaker bar to get it off as its in a very inconveient place for any sort of rachet tool... then feel with your figer if it's under the thread, should be under the thread, if it isnt add more Honda MT fluid :D

power steering is easy as the reserve is in the bay, just take the cap off and have a look (clean dust off the cap first before opening it)

radiator fluid is easy to check, have a look at the reserve next to the radiator, it should be up to the max line :D

clutch fluid can be checked by looking at the clutch fluid reserve next to the brake reserve in the bay, if ethier are below the low line, there is a problem and ou should get it sussed out immidately :D

for tools Super Cheap Auto has the lot, I personally havent broken any of mine yet, and I got the jack from Autobarn on special

as for fluids and car parts, stick to oem as they are much easier to use and work with (more times than not are also cheaper in the long run :))

Im making a thread later on how to do a monthly check I'll post the link up :D

AutoNoob
01-04-2009, 01:34 PM

mrwillz
01-04-2009, 03:34 PM
in the DIY section here
you can do simple searches for each of the areas need to be serviced and im sure there is a write up for each one
power steering, clutch, transmission, brakes, radiator flush the lot!@

sifnt
01-04-2009, 05:21 PM
il do a flush of all fluids, due to the car just sitting there 6 months

EK1.6LCIV
01-04-2009, 07:14 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2201587#post2201587

mrwillz
01-04-2009, 08:46 PM
nice work dude

EK1.6LCIV
02-04-2009, 10:24 AM
cheers mate :D

caught me a that same time I do my monthly check :D

antO
02-04-2009, 09:31 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110146
i hope this helps.

AutoNoob
03-04-2009, 09:33 AM
legends :), so in my case i need to drain all those fluids in the above link from the bottom of car.

Also who/where can i get all the oem honda fluids cheap. Blacktown honda is a rip off!!!!

EK1.6LCIV
03-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Yea, when I change my coolant and MT again soon, I'll add to that gallery

:D

AutoNoob
08-04-2009, 01:11 PM
lol, looks too complicated and takes a lotta time for a noob, so i think this time i'll get it done at a place and next time i'll do it myself.

hmmm, ok i called by hannys and robert said its just 350-400 bucks to get all that done.

Then i called Blacktown Honda ... OMG, $950. Are they serious?!

EK1.6LCIV
08-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Honda has a double chargeout rate than local shops, not surprising the least bit, lol