PDA

View Full Version : Short Shifters !!

Sexc86
03-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Hey guys,

Currently i am running a Skunk2 Short shifter. While it is a quality product, and the throw is significantion shorter then stock i find it alkward as the physicall length of it makes the nob sit closer to the floor.

I am chaseing a short shifter that will give me a short throw, but also one where the gear nob will sit signification higher then standard. Needs to be compatible with all oem parts including gear boot and gear nob.

Must suit d16 in a eg. would appreciate any advice.

Regards Lyle

ps a fastline shifter or similar design/quality

http://i44.tinypic.com/34ysjeo.jpg

geeang
03-03-2009, 05:44 PM
You can actually get a 3" shift lever extender from Ebay, you just keep your short shifter and it attaches to the top, extending your shifter to about the level of the fastline unit.

It's made out of VERY light materials and feels flimsy, but I've been running mine fine and it feels MUCH better to me.

Sexc86
03-03-2009, 06:01 PM
hmm thats sounds a little ghetto. I have allready been through 1 experience of snapping a shifter in half and it wasnt the most plenent experience.

geeang
03-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah I was a little bit wary because I've experienced a snapped shifter before, but unless you're Arnold Schwarzeneggar and you put smash it into gear I doubt you'll break this one.

Having an extended shifter extends the shift throw from the top, but couple it with a dual bend short shifter and I reckon it's perfect.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
03-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Lyle its a very popular thing to have done in the states if you're AutoCrossing and is very good with improved performance and feel (according to those whom have it)

I myself have a Short Shifter sitting here AND I'm waiting for my shift extender (and then lets add 7" of Dildo knob to that)

As Geeang has done; Get a short shifter and then have a 3" extender added to it which just bolts on like a shift knob and then you put your shift knob on the 3" extender threading.

Good Luck

fatboyz39
03-03-2009, 07:50 PM
get a fastline. Wont disappoint. We use it and throw is close to stock.

Sexc86
03-03-2009, 07:54 PM
did you get yours direct through fastline fatboyz? also anyone know the difference between D/B shifters? is it simply the thickness of the bottom of the shifter that attaches to the linkage?

Sexc86
04-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Woooo fast line is ON THE WAY! D/B series compatible.

Thanks to the yankies ****ing the world economy. $250 USD = $400+ Aussie

Street to Strip
15-03-2009, 02:15 PM
:) For short shifters, check out these guys - www.modacar.com :cool: