PDA

View Full Version : PGM-FI help!!!

petenaylor
03-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi Pete here ,latest Noob
I am the proud owner of the infamous 1987 Rover/Honda alias 416i/Integra!!
I say 1987 HONDA INTEGRA 5 DOOR Hatch! Has D16A3 engine etc , love it, in good nick ,looks like has engine rebuild,all good........I have researched a lot about the PGM-FI light and main relay, did the "fix" on the relay,new plugs,rotor, air filter($99 thanks for coming) net result is I am still getting the light come on after about 20 min of driving. The LED on the Ecu is flashing once which supposedly indicates a bad o2 sensor EXCEPT I cant find one or maybe there isnt any (obdo-0) Also idle is all over the place
Can anyone shed some light on this for me please. have become a Honda junkie,man they rev
Kind Regards
Pete

SHOGUNOVDDRK
03-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Ahhhhhhhh the joys of Owning and Loving Old School.

Welcome to Ozhonda Pete, I myself own a 86 Civic :)

Was this the White Rover on ebay a few weeks back in Sydney?

If it was congrats :)

*Waits for Chris*

coopsis
03-03-2009, 09:06 PM
hey pete,

welcome to the 1g integra club, there AWSOME cars i had mine stolen recently...
neways the best site in the world for 1g integra's is http://www.g1teg.org join the forum there, EVERYthing is about your car, and its all been answered before, service manuals and all on there...... hope they can help you out as they did when i had my integra

Chris

coopsis
03-03-2009, 09:07 PM
*Waits for Chris*

hahahahaha sad man... sad lol

SHOGUNOVDDRK
03-03-2009, 09:08 PM
And don't to stick around Ozhonda abit, we need more 1G's to represent :)

I'll get you in July Chris...Just you wait!

petenaylor
03-03-2009, 09:09 PM
No ,actually picked it up on the side of the road out here in the Central West. Dude needed cash I liked the car!!! Do you know anything about this PGM-FI light but more importantly do I HAVE an O2 sensor????. F@#$ed if I can find it!!

coopsis
03-03-2009, 09:12 PM
No ,actually picked it up on the side of the road out here in the Central West. Dude needed cash I liked the car!!! Do you know anything about this PGM-FI light but more importantly do I HAVE an O2 sensor????. F@#$ed if I can find it!!

o2 sensors can be bought from the states, i dont know anywhere hear that sells them, try honda there not too bad for parts, or wreckers..... bursons... its hard to know with the old cars never had one go on me

SHOGUNOVDDRK
03-03-2009, 09:16 PM
...Must have been that one We (Chris and I) were hunting....

Good Find.

You MUST Bring it to a Meet and show me or else i wont believe its real..

Chris answered the question above + Go to 1Gteg (link provided) and do a quick search there and answer's will be had :)

btw Local Wreckers in Sydney is 'Pick and Payless' Blacktown (they're overloaded with 1G's)

petenaylor
03-03-2009, 09:17 PM
I really dig this car... One grand and came with seven months rego!!! They sold for 34 grand in 87. Odd thing..... Honda power plant(thank god) and british every thing else. Goes like the clappers and growls at you!! All power options and Kenwood head unit.Sweet. Seriously though .....Whats going on with the lighjt!!

coopsis
03-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Honda power plant(thank god) and british every thing else.

haha just so you know that not one thing in the car is british, its a rebadged honda, the only thing that is british is the logos on the car... not one thing is different to a 4 door integra (sold everywhere else in the world)

i would sugest going to g1tegs website downloading the service manual (~700 pages long) and reading about the PGM-Fi it has all the error codes and there sollutions

Chris

petenaylor
03-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Doyou know if my engine has O2 sensors?

coopsis
03-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Doyou know if my engine has O2 sensors?

dude you need to be serious here, have you even gone on that site?? or downloaded the manual you wil see that it has one..... i would suggest doing abit of a research in the service manual http://www.g1teg.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34200 i even linked it for you... no excuses now BTW service manual for your year model you need

Chris

petenaylor
03-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Downloading manual now.... i seem to have a weird delay in your messages.

Thanks
Pete

petenaylor
03-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Downloading now...Cheers

ECU-MAN
04-03-2009, 10:46 AM
did you find the O2 sensor. should be on the exhaust manifold. could be between the manifold and the block where you cant see it.

you will have to remove the exhaust manifold to get to it

but you most defanantly have an 02

petenaylor
04-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Thankyou Encino Man , I have got the manual now and oddly enough it doesn't show its actual location either!! The cable just dissapears. Have you seen this problem before in the ECU and do you think a new sensor will fix it??

ECU-MAN
04-03-2009, 03:43 PM
9 times out of 10 its the sensor.

you test it, prove it to be the fault then change it. no need for guessing

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69868

coopsis
04-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Downloading manual now.... i seem to have a weird delay in your messages.

Thanks
Pete

the sensor is at the back or the exhaust, inbetween exhaust and the block, its the only black wire up at that area of the car, have a look its easy to find,
i would recommend getting a new one just to make sure that you know it works
btw welcome to g1teg forums :P its a wealth of info there

Chris

petenaylor
04-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks guys... I'm found it and will replace it . Still have this damn very high idle prob. Checked manual and found adjust screw, it is JAMMED in there.cant budge it. Also back to click,click then start,clidk,dlick. Can the main relay just die? I had it re-soldered but do they literally pass there use by date??

petenaylor
04-03-2009, 06:13 PM
One more question ... when the car starts it revs at about 2000 RPM then after a while settles at about 1200 RPM . Other than the idle screw that wont budge, what controls idle speed in this particular engine and is it adjustable?