PDA

View Full Version : Engine light come on, Power LAG?

innozent
03-03-2009, 09:56 PM
code 1 O2A - Oxygen sensor #1
After the car is started up for like 5 mins, engine light come on but it runs fine.
Before that, there will be a power lag that i cant rev, or the rev is like being limited. Tried to change another second handed o2 sensor on the header, by problem still exist.
What would i look to check otherwise?

bennjamin
03-03-2009, 10:14 PM
So , it runs fine now but the light still comes on ?
reset the ECU to clear the ECU code.

ECU-MAN
04-03-2009, 08:37 AM
put a new O2 sensor
a 2nd hand one ist always a good one

finalazy
04-03-2009, 08:55 AM
same thing happened to me. my piggyback wires were coming loose from the ecu

innozent
04-03-2009, 11:41 AM
It is like running a limp mode which i cant rev after about 3000 rpm and cant hit vtec after i just started the car.
After the "o2 senser" is heated, the car runs fine or should i say i can hit vtec.but is incredibly rich.
I think there should be some problem on the ECU side wiring too

ECU-MAN
04-03-2009, 12:48 PM
have you had any aftermarket things wired in like RSM , VAFC ect ?

its is very rare for stock wiring to go faulty unless someone dicked with it

innozent
04-03-2009, 01:35 PM
it is converted into vtec harness with adding wires from D16Y4 stock harness

ECU-MAN
04-03-2009, 04:10 PM
do a continuity test of your O2 wiring. see below link

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69868

innozent
05-03-2009, 02:37 AM
that helps a lot thanks, i do have those ECU diagram, it is obd2b and the o2 sensor wiring has been cut and welded, i checked the connection seems fine and the C1 is good didn't check C16 on ECU
but i dun have those tools

vippy84
12-03-2009, 12:54 PM
The same thing happened to mine..
it was primary Oxygen Sensor and maybe your secondary oxygen sensor too. What happened to mine was.. It showed error on my primary oxygen sensor only, but after changing that to genuine one.. the light came on after few minutes... i then dig out my pocket to get a brand new secondary oxygen sensor, and it was fixed..

i dont think it was a problem of knock sensor.. I had problem with knock sensor as well. the engine light sensor only lighted up a while, sometimes it comes often and sometimes it doesnt..

definitely O2 sensor primary, but check O2 secondary too..

hope that helps

code 1 O2A - Oxygen sensor #1
After the car is started up for like 5 mins, engine light come on but it runs fine.
Before that, there will be a power lag that i cant rev, or the rev is like being limited. Tried to change another second handed o2 sensor on the header, by problem still exist.
What would i look to check otherwise?