PDA

View Full Version : ebay strut braces

Jay
24-10-2004, 03:40 PM
hey pplz
im sure some of u guys have seen the strut braces from ebay
the upper and lower front and rears

was wondering has ne1 here had ne experience wit em ?
ne good ?

Muckafutha
24-10-2004, 04:56 PM
strut braces are not very expensive...or should i say those on ebay are not exactly cheap. Get branded ones in my opinion since they are easier to sell later on. some of the cheaper ones have clearance problems as well, and are hard to install if not designed properly

bennjamin
24-10-2004, 05:13 PM
just to sum up....

you get what u pay for...applies to most things in life really.

edw-R
03-12-2004, 02:01 AM
Don't buy strut braces on e-bay. Very bad quality. Don't trust!!

SiR JDM
03-12-2004, 02:52 AM
For their purpose tho, a $60 ebay strut vs a $250 spoon strut (example only)... will there really be a $190 in noticable difference.. ?

Maybe im thinking too basic, but its a peice of metal that holds the suspension together tighter... allowing for less flex.. (or something like that, not needing to go into details)

What will the $190 spoon one offer over the ebay one?
Please dont reply with it *has RnD advantages* unless you know exactly what they are... as i am aware spoon and sucha companies spend big $ on RnD =]

I understand clearance purposes is a valid reason... any others?
Is the actual material different? thickness etc?

Im not taking any sides either, im purely just interested where the difference comes from =]

edw-R
03-12-2004, 04:34 AM
Don't buy strut braces on e-bay. Very bad quality. Don't trust!!
Why i said that?? It is because i bought strut brace on e-bay. When I received the strut brace, I felt unhappy. It had some differents with the pic on ebay(the color, the material). When i tried to install it, it can't be fixed to my car. Now, the strut brace still in my garage. I still use my factory one. Here is my bad experience. Hope can share with you!!:(

SiR JDM
05-12-2004, 02:45 AM
anyone else?

toE
05-12-2004, 03:17 AM
*Moved*

vtc
05-12-2004, 12:41 PM
I got el chepo ebay strut.. fits fine, and does the same job.. all for a total of $40. I think im happy!

ginganggooly
05-12-2004, 01:12 PM
i'd rather do a backyard job and make it myself... or, but a really slick looking expensive one.

i normally find that cheapo off the shelf items don't really work out so well.

edw-R
05-12-2004, 03:45 PM
I got el chepo ebay strut.. fits fine, and does the same job.. all for a total of $40. I think im happy!
I think you are lucky. :D

dundas
08-12-2004, 03:10 PM
my strut bars from E-Bay worked fine-- i was that happy i bought a rear strut bar which was not as good as the front one ^_^

just make sure you ask for actual pictures ensure that it will directly fit your car...if not ask if there are reimburstment if the product does not fit refund etc ohh and DO NOT pay for the shipping if required to return ^_^ or ask them to reimburst you the amount u paid for.

pretty much... a strut bar is a strut bar.. piece of metal preventing the cars chassis from twisting (obviously u know wat i mean right ??) just as long as there are no RUST BITS on it ^_^