PDA

View Full Version : pit bikes~! i want a 125cc~!

xcwizit
05-03-2009, 08:20 PM
hey guys, quick question anyone on here own a dirt pit bike? i want one and am new towards these little machines just to ride around the streets for fun. What are the pros and cons to one. Seen a few for sale around $500+ ...
Please share any information etc.

Thanks in advance!

Zilli
05-03-2009, 08:59 PM
one huge con is the 1500 fine and court appearance you get when you get caught...

CRXDEL501
05-03-2009, 09:49 PM
one huge con is the 1500 fine and court appearance you get when you get caught...

yep!!!!

i have gone thru this craze of wanting one, and realised unless ur going to go to a track, which i wasnt, the fines are pretty severe.

they can get you for driving unlicenced, and driving unregistered, then something else that i cant remember, but it does get to about 1500 bucks.

not worth it my 2 cents!

Twincam16
06-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Say bye bye points off license as well...

Zilli
06-03-2009, 07:56 AM
yep, the above is right... ive got a mini racer, and also a all steel mini chopper with a worked 200cc Honda agri motor on it... i stopped riding it when i heard of a mate that got done... particularly when you can hear it 3 blocks away

it is a good point though... some of these things get pretty fast... i remember overtaking grannies in corollas in my backstreets, and mine only had a rear drum brake that faded after one big stop from 80 or so km/h... not safe

Frankie
06-03-2009, 08:25 AM
just get a petrol scooter

tmy
06-03-2009, 09:13 AM
i have a Pitbike.

Shit load of fun. but i don't ride it on the road.

Word of advise, those bikes that are around the 500mark will die really quickly. if you want your moneys worth go for something 1000+.

I bought from MSO

www.MSOMotorcycles.com.au

They are fantastic people. So kind and will do what ever they can to help you out.

Also, if you want to ride it around your streets, you can get them Road Registered. A few people ride a bike called "Motovert RX" on the road. there around the 3k mark though.

Type R Positive
06-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Don't ride on the road FFS!

I had a 110cc 4 speed. I sold it when I left the NT. Was farking tons of fun racing my mates through the bush. We made a track at one of our riding spots, was sooooo much fun!

If you are going to buy one, get a half decent one. You can get really good ones for about $1k now. The shit $500 fall apart. Mate had one and the rear hub broke, frame broke, and the forks snapped.

Id get a 140cc or a 150cc if I got another one. DMX and Atomik have some great ones for just over $1k.

xcwizit
08-03-2009, 11:54 AM
thanks for the advice guys....

Im looking at a 125cc thumpstar OX5 for $450 on ebay...Does this sound good? Im just going to ride around in little streets, not on main roads. FFS i know not to ride on the road but im goin to anyway in little streets.... is the fine really $1500? FFS thats heaps!

JDM.Power
08-03-2009, 12:08 PM
yeah, depends on the cops tho, and court appearance.. so you will end up paying abit more. if you get caught.
unless your a hektik rider and know your streets in your area.. and out run them, then thats good luck.

hisoka
08-03-2009, 12:17 PM
yep!!!!

i have gone thru this craze of wanting one, and realised unless ur going to go to a track, which i wasnt, the fines are pretty severe.

they can get you for driving unlicenced, and driving unregistered, then something else that i cant remember, but it does get to about 1500 bucks.

not worth it my 2 cents!

yep thats exactly right, driving uninsured CTP.

the court appearance is to usually work out your fine. depends how old you are aswell and if you have license or not.

you can usually out run the cops on a 125 anyway. used to have quite the beast in grade 10 lol

Type R Positive
08-03-2009, 03:45 PM

Im looking at a 125cc thumpstar OX5 for $450 on ebay...Does this sound good? Im just going to ride around in little streets, not on main roads. FFS i know not to ride on the road but im goin to anyway in little streets.... is the fine really $1500? FFS thats heaps!
if you rode up and down my street, you'll be a dead man in no time. :zip:

Zilli
08-03-2009, 03:50 PM

sic bro... i didnt know you were just riding in backstreets, thats fine! dont forget to take a cold alchoholic beverage with you when you are riding, it's thirsty work.

Remember to video tape it and put it up here man

i look forward to seeing it

:thumbsup:

damienm
08-03-2009, 05:33 PM
i used to have one and almost killed myself. the little bike makes you do stupid sh1t, dont get it.

xcwizit
09-03-2009, 01:09 PM
sic bro... i didnt know you were just riding in backstreets, thats fine! dont forget to take a cold alchoholic beverage with you when you are riding, it's thirsty work.
Remember to video tape it and put it up here man
i look forward to seeing it

Yea man Ill remember to put a 6pk in the backpack. and wear a sweatband incase I sweat from all the thirsty work

Thanks for the advice mate! :thumbsup: