PDA

View Full Version : Hi from perth. Soon to be vtec

klass
05-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Hey guys.

I currently looking to go down the honda route. Looking on the market for either a vti-r civic coupe, 4th gen prelude or circle light integra's for everyday driving and a bit of light track now and then. I've seen a few vti-r integra's and preludes but many are around the 200,000kms I know of some honda's that have lasted well over 300,000kms but will they last for everyday driving and a few bolt on modds, headers/exhaust, intake...etc?. Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

henry =]

kcokla
07-03-2009, 10:39 PM
most honda's in my experience and have seen/heard that yes they can hit 300+ at times!

BUT, in my opinion getting something 150 + is somewhat annoying as u dont know its full history,
i guess same goes to buying one with even 50 but as we all know the older things are they kinda die out,
i personally recommend buying something with lower k's or atleast buy it off grandma who cant drive anymore! cause u kjnow she didnt thrash it

SiR CRX
08-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Consider buying interstate. Nice examples of VTEC Honda's here in Perth are rare to say the least. Much bigger range over east and better prices too.

Type R Positive
08-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Consider buying interstate. Nice examples of VTEC Honda's here in Perth are rare to say the least. Much bigger range over east and better prices too.Amen to that. Second hand cars over here are farking expensive.

If I were to buy over here, I think prelude would be it. Can't find anything else decent.

Buy a DC2R from east coast. :)

klass
08-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the input guys. East coast car's are definitely worth it, I'm thinking of a vti-r in SA. resprayed phoenix yellow, black bonnet etc. 130,000km but going to check out a few in Perth first.

sPoOnD_
08-03-2009, 01:06 PM
hey mate, im in perth aswell. u definatly want a vti-r coupe? you have PM!

OMG.JAI xD
08-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Feed a honda with fresh engine oil regularly.

Itll last 400-500 clicks easy.

Theres some turbo hondas out there, freshly rebuilt, been running 5 years and above with track days, no problems.

Just gotta know how to take care of it. =]

welcome btw