PDA

View Full Version : No sound from speakers!

victor_0012001
07-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone had the same experiences My euro (2004 lux) speakers do not make any sound any more.

The head unit seems ok to me – the cd can be loaded and read, FM/AM is working as well, all buttons and controls are working no problems, but just no sound…..

I have been seeking advice from Strathfield audio and Ryda, they just don’t want to waste their time to check out what’s wrong, but just wannna sell me their after market sound unit. I have also been to a Honda dealer, they are happy to charge $150 per hour for a diagnose and $630 to order a new factory unit which I think is a joke.

Now I have another answer from a guy with many years car sound repairing experiences. He says perhaps the problem is from the broken amplifier which blocks output of the sound. He charges me $300 for replace an amplifier and believes doing so will solve the problem.

So what do you guys think is the problem? Kindly give me some ideas if you have had similar experiences. Many thanks!

tiksie
07-03-2009, 11:18 PM
I have no idea about Euros..

But check grounding points ? Fuses ?

Check the car manual to see where the wiring would be for the speakers.

felixd
08-03-2009, 12:19 AM
check ur audio cable lines

tim-e
08-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Now I have another answer from a guy with many years car sound repairing experiences. He says perhaps the problem is from the broken amplifier which blocks output of the sound. He charges me $300 for replace an amplifier and believes doing so will solve the problem.Err... the amp will be built into the head unit. Replacing it means replacing the head unit completely.

OMG.JAI xD
08-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Reset the radio.

3 things.

Either, take the radio fuse out.
Undo the negative terminal.
Or go under neath the dash and unplug the connector that goes in the headunit.

If that doesnt work, Then could be an internal fault.

ope126
08-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone had the same experiences My euro (2004 lux) speakers do not make any sound any more.

The head unit seems ok to me – the cd can be loaded and read, FM/AM is working as well, all buttons and controls are working no problems, but just no sound…..

I have been seeking advice from Strathfield audio and Ryda, they just don’t want to waste their time to check out what’s wrong, but just wannna sell me their after market sound unit. I have also been to a Honda dealer, they are happy to charge $150 per hour for a diagnose and $630 to order a new factory unit which I think is a joke.

Now I have another answer from a guy with many years car sound repairing experiences. He says perhaps the problem is from the broken amplifier which blocks output of the sound. He charges me $300 for replace an amplifier and believes doing so will solve the problem.

So what do you guys think is the problem? Kindly give me some ideas if you have had similar experiences. Many thanks!

Mate,

I experienced the exact same symptoms last week.
I recentley changed the speakers and it appears that the speaker terminals in the passenger door was squashed up against the internals of the door, thus shorting the conection, this inturn shut down all the speakers.
It was easily fixed by placing the speaker the other way round givig more clearance for the connectors, thus no rubbing / shorting.

I hope this helps...

Not sure if you have OEM speakers or if you have changed also...

My experience only...