PDA

View Full Version : [urgent] window not in railing!!!

rawr
09-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Ok just popped open my door sills, turns out the window sides closest to the front on my driver side has popped out of the 'railing/seal'. Need help urgently on how to get it back in!

shadou
09-03-2009, 11:06 AM
ohh tricky some may try there luck with say a flathead and a cloth and try wedging it back in but the safest route would be to remove door trims and basically reinstall it again in an angular fashion. good luck, spray with lube afterwards

rawr
09-03-2009, 11:09 AM
door trim is removed. Wedging atm looks impossible, may have to remove the window and reinstall it :( damnit! Any advice on doing this anyone?

shadou
09-03-2009, 11:11 AM
grab a 10mm rachet get a mate, but doable by self but much easier to adjust the glass and tighten it and play a shit load with the angle, don't go ****ing it round cos it'll crack :P done that once, not very happy for the boss that saw me doing it haha

rawr
09-03-2009, 11:17 AM
scared now, need to find a mate. Which bolt am i loosening. Theres 2 i can see
one i dont think i can reach?

rawr
09-03-2009, 11:35 AM
WOOH fixed it!

What i did was I loosed up the actual rail, then placed the window in. Didn't have a ratchet so i have a little 10 wrench haha. Thanks for the help! +rep

xtat1k
09-03-2009, 09:34 PM
should've just asked tim.
happens to his car heaps.

paps02
09-03-2009, 09:41 PM
happens in my civic all the time. take the door card off, should pop off then slide up. if its anything like an ek
then unbolt the rails at the bottom making them all dangle then you can simply put it back into place.

one thing i do also is spray some lube so its not aslikely to grab/jump off again

thne yer put it all back together

edit*** didnt read the posts where u solved it lol

shadou
09-03-2009, 11:44 PM
glad you found out on your own, just give the rubber guides a good lubing now and you're all sweet.

rawr
11-03-2009, 11:11 PM
i couldnt find my wd40 :( gonna lube it up later.

rawr
21-03-2009, 05:55 PM
*** UPDATE ***

Well it popped out again 3 times this week, found out it was cause the railing was loose. Figured it was cause of the missing nut which is probably why it popped out in the first place. anyway it was a bitch but the nuts back in and the railings nice and tight. For anyone with the same problem! don't forget the nut!

kleo
21-03-2009, 06:51 PM
lol

happened once in my boy's car. i took the trim off and spend a good 10 mins wondering how we going to fix it. ta dah then we just unscrew the bottom nut and moved the rail and fixd it. we didn't forget the nut at the end of course hehehe.