PDA

View Full Version : Sussy sitting uneven at back

Gio
09-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Hey guys,

Recently noticed that my back left and back right corners are sitting at different hights. The right back sits about 2/3 of an inch higher!!

The only difference that i can notice between the right and left shock is that the KYB sticker is facing a different direction, maybe the shock need to be turned?

Here are some pics i took of the hight difference, any help will be appreciated :).

Right back

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/chrisgiovine/DSC00039.jpg

Left back

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/chrisgiovine/DSC00040.jpg

Left back (sticker facing fwd)

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/chrisgiovine/DSC00041.jpg

Right back (sticker facing back??)

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/chrisgiovine/DSC00042.jpg

Chris.:wave:

ek4-guy
09-03-2009, 05:24 PM
maybe your installer was shit

seriously thoe they shouldn't need turning as they have the nuts towards the front

maybe on the higher side the sring has turned a lil and come out of it's seat

Gio
10-03-2009, 01:34 PM
****ing installer...lol

I'll take it to the sussy shop and get them to have a look at it.

dsp26
10-03-2009, 02:23 PM
yeah you can't rotate them too much because of the brake line bracket not aligning.

probably one spring is sagging already?

Gio
10-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Na i doubt it ron, they are eibachs, even if thats the problem they have a lifetime warranty and i have only had them for like 10 000k's.

I'm not sure what could be causing it.

Any ideas anyone?

Bludger
10-03-2009, 05:37 PM
something heavy in the boot?

vinnY
10-03-2009, 11:47 PM
are the springs sitting in their respective perches correctly?

to be honest the 'raised' corner looks like stock height, are you even sure they installed the spring there?

mocchi
11-03-2009, 08:34 AM
suspension system bolts tightened before theyre loaded?
as in tightened before putting the car down.

ek4-guy
11-03-2009, 10:17 AM
are the springs sitting in their respective perches correctly?

to be honest the 'raised' corner looks like stock height, are you even sure they installed the spring there?

lol yes i'm sure i installed the spring there

ek4-guy
11-03-2009, 10:17 AM
suspension system bolts tightened before theyre loaded?
as in tightened before putting the car down.

yes ?

vinnY
11-03-2009, 10:25 AM
i'd just double check the spring perch then, possibly seized shock?

FAT VTI
11-03-2009, 11:01 AM
I reckon its one of two things-
1) your pictures were taken when half ur car was up a gutter.
2) the spring is not sitting correctly (as was said earlier) particuarly in the top rubber. I've had this problem with my coilovers before, because my springs always come out when i jack my car, if i dont align the spring to the top rubber when lowering the car down on the jack then the car wont sit right, because the spring is sitting onto of the rubber instead of inside it.
It's very common on my car maybe u should just jack the car up and have a look at it and anything else u feel doenst look right.

a good way to test if ur spring is not sitting right, is to push on your car from one side and let the body roll....let the car move from one side to the other and lightly compress the springs, if it is not sitting right on the rubbers, it SHOULD but not always make a metal on metal sound as the spring is not being compressed onto a nice rubber piece.
If this doesnt happen, check whether the spring the side ur pushing from(where the side is higher) is being compressed (side of car going down) as much as the other side, if not ur spring is not sitting right, not compressing or is jst fkd.

simple test to see if your springs not sitting right....i do this everytime i take my car off a jack to make sure the spring is centred 100% on the rubber

Gio
13-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Lol bludger, na man nothing heavy in the boot...

i'd just double check the spring perch then, possibly seized shock?

Wouldn't the shock be seized low not high?

I reckon its one of two things-
1) your pictures were taken when half ur car was up a gutter.
2) the spring is not sitting correctly (as was said earlier) particuarly in the top rubber. I've had this problem with my coilovers before, because my springs always come out when i jack my car, if i dont align the spring to the top rubber when lowering the car down on the jack then the car wont sit right, because the spring is sitting onto of the rubber instead of inside it.
It's very common on my car maybe u should just jack the car up and have a look at it and anything else u feel doenst look right.

a good way to test if ur spring is not sitting right, is to push on your car from one side and let the body roll....let the car move from one side to the other and lightly compress the springs, if it is not sitting right on the rubbers, it SHOULD but not always make a metal on metal sound as the spring is not being compressed onto a nice rubber piece.
If this doesnt happen, check whether the spring the side ur pushing from(where the side is higher) is being compressed (side of car going down) as much as the other side, if not ur spring is not sitting right, not compressing or is jst fkd.

simple test to see if your springs not sitting right....i do this everytime i take my car off a jack to make sure the spring is centred 100% on the rubber

Thanks mate i'll do that now see what happens, lol i try not to park up gutters:angel:

Gio
13-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Just checked and it seems to be even, could it be that the handbrake raises one side?

ek4-guy
13-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Just checked and it seems to be even, could it be that the handbrake raises one side?

nah man it's shit install forsure :p

most likely the spring come out of it's seat then settled back in after some spirited driving

my car always looks higher on the rear left but it's only because commin in my drive way that wheel lifts off the ground. It's the same as when you jack the car up and it stays a lil high till you drive it and it settles again

Gio
13-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey darryl, anyway to stop it from slipping out?

Is it dangerous?

ek4-guy
13-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Hey darryl, anyway to stop it from slipping out?

Is it dangerous?

nah it's not that dangerous just anoying

the only way to stop it would be to have shortend shocks to match your lowerd springs but even then it may still happen

Gio
13-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Hmmm they are already shortened, but not to match.

LowEk
13-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Gio your springs should be captive in your shocks meaning when your car is jacked up and your wheel is hanging the spring should not be able to move within the shock. to make sure the spring does not move is zip tie you spring to your shock as there should be a hole in the bottom of the spring pertch. i think you can also do this to the top of the spring too.

or if all else fails buy coilovers. :)

Gio
13-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey man, or you could just give me your coilovers?

ek4-guy
13-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Hmmm they are already shortened, but not to match.

it's much better setup than on commodores and sutch

the don't have coilover sussy on the rear they have don't have the spring over the shock

they just have the spring wedged between the body and the lower control arm

and if you got lowerd spring without shortend shocks the spring can fall out onto the road :eek:

Gio
13-03-2009, 05:15 PM
lol lol lol lol

commonwhores ftl