PDA

View Full Version : car stalls/ struggles to start

Behtec_JunKIE
10-03-2009, 12:57 PM
hey guys i have a problem here
ive currently put in a b18c into a crx and ive come across a major problem
my car struggles to start and also wen it does start it stalls what could be the problem??? ive had a few engine codes go on before hand but all of them are sorted out now and the ecu is running fine. but the car still stalls...
has anyone had any experience with this problem??/
btw its not the fuel pump as its a new walbro one. the spark plugs are brand new, the leads are also brand new so im pretty lost rite now any help will be much apreciated... thanks

ECU-MAN
11-03-2009, 02:50 PM
what ECU are you running ( OBD version )

check your main PGMFI relay

Behtec_JunKIE
11-03-2009, 11:37 PM
obd2 type r checked that seemed fine
but will give it a second look thanks

Slaz
11-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Sounds like its ecu related or ill have a guess and say its fuel related, are you sure the pump is pumping after is priming, does the car have an alarm fitted at all that could be shutting it down after x amount of seconds?

Behtec_JunKIE
12-03-2009, 12:31 AM
pump is pumping after priming and no alarm and immobilizer is disabled in the ecu. ecu im wondering if its a coldstart problem but not sure on how to figure that out any hints?/

jeffreymui
12-03-2009, 01:03 AM
would it be the engine oil? sorry i duno jack shit about ecu and engines:P dun flame me if i said something noob:P

ECU-MAN
12-03-2009, 07:49 AM
how did you inspect the main relay ?

I have seen some Immo removals from the ECU done incorectly and cause the ECU not to fire the engine straight away. double check it

IEVAQ8
12-03-2009, 07:55 AM
this is a long shot, but if ur running a hondata, try pluging in the data cable and then see if it will start normally or stall

Slaz
12-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Is the car running an aftermarket ecu, ie, hondata, chrome ect, if so then as said earlier, the basemap or current map might not suit your application at all.

ECU-MAN
12-03-2009, 08:32 AM
this is a long shot, but if ur running a hondata, try pluging in the data cable and then see if it will start normally or stall

wont be running Hondata with an OBDII ECU :)

Behtec_JunKIE
13-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Is the car running an aftermarket ecu, ie, hondata, chrome ect, if so then as said earlier, the basemap or current map might not suit your application at all.

car is running stock ecu i tried with my power fc and it does idle for a bit but same problem..

how did you inspect the main relay ?

I have seen some Immo removals from the ECU done incorectly and cause the ECU not to fire the engine straight away. double check it

i was following a thread on crx australia where it shows how to renew the main relay but wen i looked at mine seemed new so i left it.
if u could guide me on how to inspect it ill do it again thanks.

ECU-MAN
13-03-2009, 07:45 AM
reflow the solder on it regardless. dry solderjoints can be hard to identify to the untrained eye

search teh DIY section for the DIY

Behtec_JunKIE
15-03-2009, 01:06 AM
did the diy

same problem anythin else could be the source of the problem???

btw it started when i went to clean my iacv, i used throttle body cleaner. and the reason i cleaned it because the car wouldnt rev