PDA

View Full Version : CD5 Jdm style headlights.

Jarkz
10-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Im looking at purchasing a set of aftermarket clear lens / black housing headlights like these.

http://www.dnamotoring.com/ap1ap2/images/headlights/94-97-Honda--Accord_BLK-HL.jpg

Has anyone bought this style set before?

Can the corner indicators be detached from the headlight? As I plan to use my existing oem indicators.

Another idea is to just swap over just lenses, can this be done?

Yes, I know the proper jdm lights look like this, but I prefer to buy new & do it this way if it's possible?

BUN-135
10-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Better of getting JDM CD6 SiR Stanley, these lights above a made for the USD accord and the light blub sockets are different to our ozzy accordz. These corners are detachable, lense can be swaped over using an oven to take the lense apart, too much stuffing around better off getting these ---->http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jdm-Honda-Accord-CD6-94-97-Black-Housing-Headlights-Sir_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a1Q7c 39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhas hZitem260359865154QQitemZ260359865154QQptZMotorsQ5 fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

or

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-ACCORD-HEAD-LIGHTS_W0QQitemZ280318343575QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_ Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item280318343575&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Jarkz
10-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Arrr... didn't think US headlight socket would be any different, thats easy to fix though.

I actually like the all clear lens thats on us US ones unlike the tint clear that's on the JDM.

But yeah that 2nd link does look good.

Cheers :thumbsup:

FAT VTI
11-03-2009, 01:53 PM
yeah those headlights have i think! h7 sockets instead of the stock cd5 h4 sockets. U can get these changed it isn't too hard but ur better off sticking as bun135 said to the stanley ones for 2 main reasons-
1) they ALWAYS fit better, the other ones such as depo etc can sometimes not fit as well or have problems, its just a safer bet but it also means you'll be paying a bit more.
2) those headlights u have i think are the depo ones, and they actually have little tabs on the headlight. They look stupid, they are little pointed plastic tabs which are built into the headlight, and the only way u can remove them is to file them down and try and clean it up but yeah, i guarentee u will hate them. (u can cleary see what im talking bout in the middle of the parker in the biggest picture in the first post)- stanley don't make these dumb tabs !

I don't know how good the stock cd5 parkers will look with the black housing headlights dude...the stock ones are white and are not clear they have ripples and shit through them, and the aftermarket headlights will be clear and black housing...might clash a bit but u can always try it and then admit you don't like it ...nobody will say they told u so ;)

Jarkz
12-03-2009, 12:12 AM
I did plan on tinting the parkers a little myself to suit those lights.

But I found something elsewhere.

pyro trim tech
13-04-2009, 10:18 AM
hey this might be a bit late. but just a little warning if your planning on buying US manufactured headlights for your car. US headlight reflectors are cut to suit right hand side of the road driving, not left hand like in Oz. affectively your light wont ark and lift towards the gutter side of the road like it does now, it would go the other way, i.e. into the eyes of the drivers in oncoming traffic. then you have to focus them all properly which there may not be enough adjustment to do. up to you, if you dont mind pissin off a few oncomin drivers. lol. just trying to help

Riviera
13-04-2009, 10:44 AM
pyros correct... oncoming drivers = needing sunglasses at night:cool:

may i suggest a DIY???

in the facelift model CD5's they had clear headlight lenses just like those
maybe you could get ur hands on a set of them???

or if you dont want to do that im sure you will beable to find a set for left lane
users/ right-hand drive cars...

i was hunting for them back when i had my CD5

Element12
15-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey Jarkz

Check out rpmgarage.com