PDA

View Full Version : sport max on eg.

ef-civic
10-03-2009, 09:24 PM
hey guys im thinking bout buying some of the sportmax rims for my eg. i only really like the 002 ones in red. but only have 15 x 8 +0 offset. would this be an ok size to run as a daily car ? ?

niiCk
10-03-2009, 09:46 PM
i wouldnt want to drive around with those specs as my daily, but its up to you. You'll need to roll your guards and have camber kits to make it fit, and possibly lower profile tyres. They would look hot but cost a fair bit to make them fit nicely, then its all about the tyres, the inner of the tyres will be gone in no time if you were to use it as ur daily.

Jarkz
10-03-2009, 10:01 PM
As nick said your better off going a higher offset. +0 is RWD material

Alexx
10-03-2009, 10:20 PM
As above. 8in 0 offset wheels are silly on an EG. You will need to roll/pull the guards, run 195/45 or smaller tyres, and have camber kits set at -3 or more degrees of camber. And you cant just raise the car a little bit because it will look silly and defeat the purpose of running low offset wheels.

Then you have the legality issues of having wheels stick past your guards, terrible tyre wear when running large amounts of negative camber, and the increased stress on the hub assembly and bearings.

Imo when running 8in wheels, go for a +20 to +35 offset for the best fitment. With +35 you will be able to run 205/50 tyres with ease too.

Not saying it cant be done, but the negatives outweigh the positives imo

In a nutshell :wave:

R_RaTeD
10-03-2009, 10:34 PM
im running +15 offset on mine
and yes the wheels make it look like somewhat of a go kart
i need to roll my guards
any suggestions on a good reliable place to do it ?

MWAKU
10-03-2009, 10:41 PM
lol, someone on here has just got his zero offsett put on ;) show some pics if ur reading

niiCk
10-03-2009, 10:50 PM
lol, someone on here has just got his zero offsett put on ;) show some pics if ur reading

are you talking about a red eg? lol pretty sure i saw it today;)

ef-civic
11-03-2009, 05:03 AM
lol ok guys. cheers for replys. guess i wont be gettin them lol time to look for new rims lol

11-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Check out the past events section, vic bushfire charity- you'll see my red EG with 15x8 +15. Only 1 deg neg camber front, 1.5 rear. Lowered on coilovers, 195/50/15 Goodyear Eagle F1's. Does not have inner guard liners on front. Wheel arches have been rolled and flared and stretched. Wheel rubs on guard on 5% of bumps, maybe less. Tyre might stick out 5mm max from furthest point on the guard arch. People freak out when they see it rolling, so if you want that look and attention go for it. Never been pulled over, and I work next to a Police station.