PDA

View Full Version : Leather Jackets

theuan101
10-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Just a quick question... My old man got himself a bike, and I am looking in getting him a leather jacket. My budget is $300, what should i be looking for?

mekros
11-03-2009, 05:19 AM
minimum 1.4mm on the impact areas (shoulders, elbows), removeable CE approved dual density foam on the back, shoulders and elbows (or a foam and moulded plastic CE armour). All panels should be double (or triple) stitched.

Since you are in Brisvegas, it doesn't really matter if it has a removeable liner or not.

Make sure he tries it on like a normal jacket, but then also sits in the riding position for his bike to know that it will be comfortable.

Tu88y
11-03-2009, 06:52 AM
visit http://thehelmetwarehouse.com.au they have a big range of jackets

theuan101
11-03-2009, 06:32 PM
thanks for the replies will have a look!

gumbs
16-03-2009, 08:00 PM
You can't really buy him a jacket as a surprise gift, he needs to try it on. I'm pretty close to average build but most jackets are either too lose around the body or tight on my arms. I've bought a couple of jackets off the net but they are all sitting in cupboard while I ride in the o,ld second hand, stained, rashed and restiched jacket because it fits right.

Type R Positive
18-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Take a look at the Rjays stuff mate. It is pretty good for your budget.

incoming
19-03-2009, 08:43 AM
me and my mate have ordered apline star jackets online from a ebay website
flying bryan

we each saved 50% which included shipping
my jacket apline star stunt 2 jacket retailed at $900 at MCA in parra... i got it shipped to my door for $450... i cant rem which jacket my mate got.
the site was recommended from the JDM CBR forum...
flying bryan marked the jacket as gifts so we wouldnt have to pay taxes

find a jacket u like and check out the site.. if u have trouble let me know.. i got the website somewhere

marabaan
19-03-2009, 09:59 AM
me and my mate have ordered apline star jackets online from a ebay website
flying bryan

we each saved 50% which included shipping
my jacket apline star stunt 2 jacket retailed at $900 at MCA in parra... i got it shipped to my door for $450... i cant rem which jacket my mate got.
the site was recommended from the JDM CBR forum...
flying bryan marked the jacket as gifts so we wouldnt have to pay taxes

find a jacket u like and check out the site.. if u have trouble let me know.. i got the website somewhere

any luck on the link.

incoming
19-03-2009, 09:09 PM
this is his ebay store where i purchased the gear
http://stores.ebay.com/Flyin-Brians-Deals

he has an external site as well.. i'll have to find out off my mate

TALEB TYRES
19-03-2009, 09:40 PM
great find, but that purchase, was that before or after the dollar shit itself?

mekros
20-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Are your Alpine Star jackets made in China? How have you found the quality so far?

incoming
23-03-2009, 08:37 PM
i purchased it back in 2006, my mate purchased his early last year

yes jacket is made in china but its real
the quality is excellent, nothing has come apart. double stitched.. cant feel any air passing thru the jacket (unless i open the zipper vents)
just be sure to look at the sizing as it has USA and EURO size before ordering..
i got the wrong size had to send jacket back and get correct sizing
when i tried the jacket on at action suzuki i didnt realise it had a EURO size haha
cost me $200 to send it back and forth

the shop is an actual shop front and legit...
checkout the JDM CBR forum.. heaps of others (in AU) vouched for the shop!

N1nj4R1d4h
24-03-2009, 08:00 AM
this is his ebay store where i purchased the gear
http://stores.ebay.com/Flyin-Brians-Deals

he has an external site as well.. i'll have to find out off my mate

I believe the url is http://www.flyinbriansdeals.com/

This will lead u to the ebay stores.

Look for items that has "buy it now or near offer". You can haggle it down. Ive bought stuff from this store myself and I've never had any issues with the items the sell....

Good luck....