PDA

View Full Version : Tein damper settings

DAVEURO
11-03-2009, 05:51 AM
Hi ,new member here from Ireland.

I have my euro r cl7 nearly a year now and have to say its been faultless.
After moving from a Legacy B4 Blitzen , its great to have peace of mind again.
Just a question on the Tein SS set up. There appears to be 24 clicks on the adjustment.I currently have them set up 16 clicks anticlockwise from the max and have that constant "squish" sound when driving over uneven surfaces or ramps.
..Is this sound normal on Tein SS shocks.
..I understand that the setting should not be set below the 16 click. What exactly happens if it is set lower.

All advice and tips welcome .

aaronng
11-03-2009, 07:15 AM
Yup, you got it right, stick to 16 clicks anticlockwise from max. I get the squishing sound as well under certain conditions. Others with relatively new Buddyclub N+ also report that sound. Hasn't affected the functionality of my Teins.

DAVEURO
11-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks aaronng ,

Last week I set them 4 clicks below the 16 setting and the "swish" noise seemed to go and was also more comfortable. Would like to know what damage would occur if left at this setting.

aaronng
11-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks aaronng ,

Last week I set them 4 clicks below the 16 setting and the "swish" noise seemed to go and was also more comfortable. Would like to know what damage would occur if left at this setting.

It can risk damaging the valving in the damper. I currently use 10 clicks anticlockwise from max. Have you tried that setting instead? I found with mine that the stiffer damping gave better comfort because it reduced the bouncyness.

DAVEURO
11-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Have tried the harder settings but with the state of the roads in this part of the world along with a 10 month old in the passenger seat its not worth it. Motorways are ok though.
Thanks for the advice.

Crapdaz
16-03-2009, 09:45 AM
I have Monoflex and as aaron says, in experience the slightly stiffer the less bouncyness you get.

I run mine around 9-10/6-8