PDA

View Full Version : Antenna won't go down or up

lil4civ
11-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Hi,
My antenna doesn't go up or down anymore. I don't think its the motor as I can hear it still working. I think the mast and robe is broken. Doesn't anyone know how to fix this problem? or do I need to buy a new antenna? I have a Civic EK1. Also if anyone has any directions on how to remove the antenna that would help too. I got to the spot where the antenna is located in the boot, removed one bolt but couldn't figure out how to remove it from that antenna sticking outside.
Thanks for you help.

FAT VTI
11-03-2009, 11:07 AM
yeah mate, to remove u need to twist the metal peice on the outside of the antenna its like a metal cap which goes over the antenna, its looks like a washer but it needs to be taken off by twisting it.
Also, you'll see the black plastic thing which circles the hole in the body, that has two tabs which are connected to the inside of ur boot you should be able to see it when u get to the back of ur antenna in ur boot.

Antennas are a prick to try and fix fyi, but to buy a new motorised one is pretty expensive ^$50.
I got a push down one (not motorised) for $20 which was just a generic one which fitted, but i intend to eventually change it.

lil4civ
13-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks for your help. I'll try to take it out this weekend and see how i go.