PDA

View Full Version : **READ** SUGGESTION FOR OZHONDA CAR CLUB!

one more chance
11-11-2003, 12:06 PM
With the introduction of a fully dedicated Honda car forum for Australia I thought that it may be a good time to start our own little car club! Since being here I have made numerous friends from through-out Australia and of course have learned a great deal from other Honda enthusists. Although we have ozhonda.com stickers being processed that proclaims we are members of this forum, I was thinking why don't we take this to the next level and start a national car club! I was thinking that we could possibly name it the ozhonda.com car club (or team ozhonda.com) but then we'll just be known as yet a another internet forum car club! How about creating another name that will represent what we are about, but also incorporate the ozhonda.com logo into some of our logos or merchandise (if that happens)? Ozhonda.com is the pioneer for Australian Honda forums...and I'm sure we're all pretty proud for this fact!
What do you guys think? I've been tinkering with some club names and here is 2 which I think describes the nature of the members in this forum.

1. Team Vtecism - although we may not all drive vtec equipped cars, the term 'ism" incorporates everything to do with and around vtec. The term VTEC is what seperates us from other car manufacturers, therefore I think its an important aspect of Honda culture.

2. Team Revtec - Once again this name entails what we and are machines are about!

I've always adored the name VTECnique, but its has been used before. As mentioned I think incorporating the term VTEC is important, but not neccesaily essential.

So throw some ideas at me guys. Regarding names, concepts, ideas anything!! If this goes ahead, I will have a chat with win and we may be about to talk to retailors about organising special discount rates with members of this car club...that is if there is enough interest generated!

NB Wynode: Tell me what you think of this idea. In no way am I trying to take anything away from this site and I mean no disrespect in conceiving this idea. I believe this is a good way to promote the site! PM me if you have any comment!

Cheers!

I :love: :honda:

Shrimpdaddy
11-11-2003, 12:31 PM
How about Shrimpdaddy and the Shrimpettes? It has a nice little ring to it i think :)

Seriously though, you've made a good point. I'm all up for that idea. As a club we could possibly seek out sponsors and get club discounts maybe

how about Team Prawnstar? hahaha oooh i'm bored

toE
11-11-2003, 12:41 PM
or Team ToEy!!! :lol:

nah..that's a great idea one more chance. but i think it's up to the Admins and Mods to decide whether now is a good time to "go ahead", so to say, unless they feel that they'd rather the club grow a little bit more, then really go out with a BANG!! :wink:

But maybe another suggestion is we have separate teams, like different name Teams for different states but all under one family ie. ozhonda.com, then we can have in-house nationwide comps where we compete against each other for best state ozhonda club or sumtin. (I'm bored!!) or maybe separate teams in one state but still under the one family ie. ozhonda.com, with different names eg. Team Tegs vs. Team Accords vs Team Civic, bla, bla, bla (I'm really Bored!!!)

meh..my 2c.

one more chance
11-11-2003, 12:50 PM
shripdady u clown! hahaha :lol:

yes the final idea will always come down the to mods/gods and admins for the yay or nay!
good suggestions there toe about the different teams! obviously the site is still gorwing by the day, but if we start of something early, then momentuem will no doubt carry on to others...

bennjamin
11-11-2003, 12:58 PM
All very good points...

Altho , anything affiliated with VTEC- as unique as it is...dosent relate to MOST of us honda onwers :P - it should just be HONDA.

But yeah - i have been trialling my own car club names - and i think

"Riggapontus Nurblfavour and the extra cheesy flow of pink goodness" car group would be tops !!!

Hmm...i am bored :P

one more chance
11-11-2003, 01:02 PM
All very good points...

Altho , anything affiliated with VTEC- as unique as it is...dosent relate to MOST of us honda onwers :P - it should just be HONDA.

yes, thats why i put the "ism" at the end, but all valid points...cheers!
keep em coming people!

vti-2
11-11-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by one more chance:
With the introduction of a fully dedicated Honda car forum for Australia I thought that it may be a good time to start our own little car club! Since being here I have made numerous friends from through-out Australia and of course have learned a great deal from other Honda enthusists. Although we have ozhonda.com stickers being processed that proclaims we are members of this forum, I was thinking why don't we take this to the next level and start a national car club! I was thinking that we could possibly name it the ozhonda.com car club (or team ozhonda.com) but then we'll just be known as yet a another internet forum car club! How about creating another name that will represent what we are about, but also incorporate the ozhonda.com logo into some of our logos or merchandise (if that happens)? Ozhonda.com is the pioneer for Australian Honda forums...and I'm sure we're all pretty proud for this fact!
What do you guys think? I've been tinkering with some club names and here is 2 which I think describes the nature of the members in this forum.

1. Team Vtecism - although we may not all drive vtec equipped cars, the term 'ism" incorporates everything to do with and around vtec. The term VTEC is what seperates us from other car manufacturers, therefore I think its an important aspect of Honda culture.

2. Team Revtec - Once again this name entails what we and are machines are about!

I've always adored the name VTECnique, but its has been used before. As mentioned I think incorporating the term VTEC is important, but not neccesaily essential.

So throw some ideas at me guys. Regarding names, concepts, ideas anything!! If this goes ahead, I will have a chat with win and we may be about to talk to retailors about organising special discount rates with members of this car club...that is if there is enough interest generated!

NB Wynode: Tell me what you think of this idea. In no way am I trying to take anything away from this site and I mean no disrespect in conceiving this idea. I believe this is a good way to promote the site! PM me if you have any comment!

Cheers!

Ozhonda is a national forum. At the moment we are forum based due to small issues Win and myself still need to look at before going all out but Ozhonda will eventually be known as a national Honda club (i want that just as much as you). Just be patient guys, we need to give it time. Stickers are on the way, membership is growing daily and there is more and more interest in meets. With time we will be entering shows and organising official cruises but we need to give it time.

Hang in there!

8)

vti-2
11-11-2003, 01:22 PM
by the way - i'll move this to Site Discussion. :thumbsup:

one more chance
11-11-2003, 03:58 PM
cool! Ive seen internet car clubs come and go, the life-span of one is not very long! I guess people on the internet come and go therefore number vary all the time! Bringing the car club out from the internet and onto real-time will provide a better chance of us promoting the club in the real world. But I guess with everything else in life, everything takes time, but at least we have a few concept to work on in the mean time.

wynode
11-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Hi,

I think Vic (vti-2) pretty much outlined our standing on this. We have only been around for 3 months so we need to establish ourselves first. That said, there are a few legal issues that have to be taken care of before we can setup as a club, have shows and organise events an so on. I too have big plans for OzHonda and I am quite passionate about it, so don't worry things will be happening most definitely. OzHonda is a national forum and anything that happens within Australia will be to do with OzHonda as a whole. I don't see the point of splitting it up into small clubs throughtout different states as that will just defeat the purpose. The purpose for OzHonda is a central resource for EVERYONE Australia wide.

We will be taking things a step at a time, so untill everything gets sorted out please be patient. Feel free to email/PM me if you have ideas as we are always open for suggestions, but for the moment things will stat as is.

Once I get back next year we should be able to sort everything out, so stay tuned because next year is going to be a big year.

Thanks