PDA

View Full Version : 2 week old 2009 FD sandwiched...

ccab1
11-03-2009, 07:21 PM
On Whitehorse road going back from work this afternoon from Maroondah....I was stationary...the person behind me was NOT looking at the road...rear ended me, and then I hit the car in the front who had a tow bar. Before I hit, I quickly turned right in order to avoid damaging the radiator..but anyways..I'm so f***** disappointed...2 week old car...bought NEW....now this accident...

Front bumper is damaged..The rear end including the boot is GONE...I'm with AAMI with insurance but I heard that they get the CHEAPEST repairer to do the job so I'm really worried about the quality of the work. I was going to speak to the claims officer tomorrow to convince them to get me a new replacement since I've been with them for years now. What do you people think..? Any suggestions?? Any help appreciated...thanks

kcokla
11-03-2009, 07:33 PM
the person who hit you's insurence should be paying for it, not yours ! (the back part anyway)
which its up to YOU to go get your panel beater at your choice!
as for the front, its with ami! and im assuming the front isnt so bad since its just a bumper!

bad luck buddy

ej20i
11-03-2009, 07:59 PM
try to get it written off mate

ccab1
11-03-2009, 08:03 PM
thanks for the replies...question is how to get it written off? The only way I can do is to negotiate with the claims officer...I'm guessing at the end of the day they're the ones who decide?

ej20i
11-03-2009, 08:05 PM
yea i gess so...but u drove it home eh

ccab1
11-03-2009, 08:09 PM
nah I didn't drive it home tow truck took it and will be assessed tomorrow at AAMI's assessment centre....I'm just heaps worried that the repairers will do a dodgy job..had previous bad experience with one of the AAMI repairers with my previous EK civic thing is I just don't want to go through the hassle of having to return the car cause I notice that something isn't right with it...hmmm maybe change insurance after this incident...

Any experience in trying to convince a claims officer to write the car off or ask for a new replacement? :o

ej20i
11-03-2009, 08:20 PM
nope
but i gess u shud change insurance man

civic_07
11-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Sorry to hear abt your car mate, know how you feel. Mine was around 6 months old when it got hit and written off (like i said, its a curse!), do a search somewhere here.

ccab1
11-03-2009, 08:42 PM
thanks civic07 i guess it's all a waiting game to see what the assessors think...damn just can't get it out of my head...so worried..it's only 2 weeks old arghhhhhhhhh...:(

curtis265
11-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Oh nasty.... GL with getting it written off.

Euro08Jaz
12-03-2009, 02:59 AM
Doesnt Aami have a 2 year new car replacement clause or something?

markCivicVti
12-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Yeah, but thats only if written off...

aero
12-03-2009, 12:37 PM
i was in a crash in my FD1 last year and the whole right side of the car plus front bumper was messed up. the damage was pretty bad, yet when the car was taken to the assessor, he said that it was repairable :S

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/gh3ttolov3/Image092.jpg

it took them two months to fix it, and in that time, the insurance company (Suncorp) did not give me a replacement car to get to work... dont u just love insurance companies..

anyway, the repairers did a great job on the car, and it runs like new.

votek
12-03-2009, 01:00 PM
whats club retro

aero
12-03-2009, 02:36 PM
LMAO! i dont know.. a pub or sumthin? it was just the place that was next to the yard that the tow truck brought my car to

Type S Tony
12-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Bro, Sneak into the assesment center & bash the fcuk out of the undercarriage, once when i had an accident in my dads car i got i towed, the towie said to me for an extra $50 ill bash it (my dads car) around the tow yard with the back tray of the truck to guarantee a write off. Worked like a charm, when i spoke to the guy i had an accident with he was like "man did it seriosuly get declared written off, it wasnt that bad" Me: well yeah bro you hit me pretty hard, the chassis bent & all

I heart the SSS
12-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Bro, Sneak into the assesment center & bash the fcuk out of the undercarriage, once when i had an accident in my dads car i got i towed, the towie said to me for an extra $50 ill bash it (my dads car) around the tow yard with the back tray of the truck to guarantee a write off. Worked like a charm, when i spoke to the guy i had an accident with he was like "man did it seriosuly get declared written off, it wasnt that bad" Me: well yeah bro you hit me pretty hard, the chassis bent & all

LOLOLOLOL

Dodgiest kent ever :P

Type S Tony
12-03-2009, 02:50 PM
LOLOLOLOL

Dodgiest kent ever :P

Not dodgy, Just Greek!

Zilli
12-03-2009, 02:50 PM
nah I didn't drive it home tow truck took it and will be assessed tomorrow at AAMI's assessment centre....I'm just heaps worried that the repairers will do a dodgy job..had previous bad experience with one of the AAMI repairers with my previous EK civic thing is I just don't want to go through the hassle of having to return the car cause I notice that something isn't right with it...hmmm maybe change insurance after this incident...

Any experience in trying to convince a claims officer to write the car off or ask for a new replacement? :o

sorry mate, you are the idiot that went back to them after having the bad experience...

No new for new at AAMI, you're a rolling advertisement for people who should read their PDS, and actually think about the product you're buying...

Sorry to hear about the prang man

ccab1
12-03-2009, 08:43 PM
thanks for all the useful replies...at the end of the day I should've changed my insurance after my first "bad" incident..now I'll definitely change after this incident...

I won't be sneaking into the assessment centre though haha:p Spoke to a couple of repair shops, including Honda Astoria and Oaten Panels in Oakleigh (known for repairing Honda), they said they refuse to deal with AAMI since 9/10 times they get rejected anyway... Might try RACV or Allianz..although they're substantially more expensive...

So Aero did you get to choose your own repairer with Suncorp? Is the car still running like new after the accident?

aero
13-03-2009, 01:09 AM
actually i didnt choose my own repairer, Suncorp did.. and they probably chose the cheapest place to do it as well, but the mechanics were nice guys.
a week after i got my car back tho, there was a slight creak in the front right suspension but it got fixed after i went to service my car at honda dealer.
all in all, its running like before the incident.

Sherweeeny
13-03-2009, 01:43 AM
so you had a bad experience with your old civic and AAMI, so with your new one that you obviously care more about, you go BACK to AAMI? oh man i love reading this shit.

dude, there really is no way that you can get them to write off the car. the car is worth say 20g, and what is a write off for a new car? like over 75% of the value of the car? so there would have to be pretty extensive damage to write it off. i dont understand how the claims officer is going to just say, oh you want us to replace it? sure!

sorry to hear about what happened though.

ccab1
17-03-2009, 09:58 PM
hey everyone...thanks for all the replies..car was just written off I've settled for a payout since the AAMI new for new car replacement takes around 2 -3 weeks so I'll probably go back to my original dealer and get another civic...lately though..just been having thoughts about a used Accord Euro luxury 2006...

new civic vs. used Euro...any thoughts?

civic_07
17-03-2009, 10:39 PM
^^^ glad all end well for u. I'd go for a new FD, y not? I know I did :D

Sherweeeny
18-03-2009, 01:07 AM
id go euro over FD1

renegadeice
18-03-2009, 07:03 AM
AAMI(me & my brother are with them) offers choice of repairer. When my bro & sis(she's with RACV) had to get bodywork done, they took it to Mr. Gloss. They seem to do a really good job there. But anyway, you got the car written off which is even better lol.

As for replacement car... you've spent two weeks with an FD. Test drive a euro or two and then decide.