PDA

View Full Version : problems with brake EK

in2yu__
11-03-2009, 11:07 PM
hey guys just recently i got a civic ek .
but having some problems with it atm im hearing noises as im driving around
loud noises it sounds like its coming from my brakes. when i step on my brakes the noise gets louder. just wondering would it be my brake pads or rotas ? thanks any for help guys :thumbsup:

Slaz
11-03-2009, 11:43 PM
If its a very metal on metal type sound and when your only on the brake, dare say your out of pads as the pads are bonded to metal plates, hence they say your brakes are metal on metal.

If so get them sorted asap as your damaging your rotors by driving it the way it is, also, its dangerous.

If the sound is still present when your driving or in motion with no brake pedal applied, then you may have a rotor, rattle shim, bearing type problem?

dcnl
11-03-2009, 11:45 PM
maybe you should machine your brake disk and change all four pads. should solve the problem. hope this helps.

mocchi
12-03-2009, 08:13 AM
take out your wheels and see through caliper hole to check pad.
looking at the rotor will also tell you if pads are gone to metal as the rotor wont be smooth, flat nice looking. it would be uneven circles, grooves on rotor.

EK1.6LCIV
12-03-2009, 10:07 AM
could be a small rock (happens to me all the time after the rain in my work estate, Honda has a shithouse rock diversion set up on the brake rotor)

if you jiggle it a small stone(s) will come out

it's a rotating noise that changes at speed hey?

in2yu__
12-03-2009, 05:15 PM
i just change my break pads today myself its not making the noise anymore but my brakes are really weak now.. got some crappy aftermarkets one. they dont really seem to have an affect for braking now

EK1.6LCIV
12-03-2009, 05:16 PM
oem is the best for street, no one does it better

na-118
12-03-2009, 11:19 PM
does your brakes feel spongy? might have got some air into the fluid try bleeding the brake system

turtle187
13-03-2009, 02:58 PM
bleed ur brake bluid check the fluid in your engine bay, it should not be a yellow colour if it is then u hav to bleed your brakes to make it all good, and in regards to brake pads u dont really need oem ones, aftermarkets are good too but make sure you go for good quality, your brakes equal safety, safety is of high importance

jdmlvn
15-03-2009, 10:06 PM
bleed the brakes and make sure you do it in the correct order. start with the furthest brake away from the master cylinder. then the next furthest and so on. You might need a mate to help you. this should help your brakes work. You might need them! :)

|N|
16-03-2009, 06:26 PM
taht sound u heard wiht ur old pads r most likely the indicator that most honda oem pads has... they have a lil metal thing that to make that sound purposely to remind u its time to change pads... and ur braking power feels weak now.. cos ur using cheap pads... NEVER BE tight on brakes... its there to save ur life...
not sure if u installed the pads urself or not.. but most decent mach would bleed the brakes for u ... but if that has not been done... u should do it ASAP. as having air bubbles in the lines is VERY danger... but having said that... bleeding it will not improve braking power...

jdmlvn
16-03-2009, 09:07 PM
im sure it will improve braking power if his brakes had air in it..