PDA

View Full Version : A/C killing the car

koevi
12-03-2009, 09:14 AM
hey guys, i've got a problem with my a/c...everytime i turn the a/c on for a few minutes my car suddenly dies and wont start until i turn off everything and wait 2 minutes then it will start up again...is it the a/c thats stuffed or something else?

Thanks

jaydenn
12-03-2009, 09:26 AM
yo,

check the battery head if its tight enough any leaks or cracks there? white residue collecting tends to interrupt the power. Also if the connection is loose or your earth cable is not intact.

If battery is fine then check the alternator?

mars_panas
12-03-2009, 09:29 AM
You are probably having a wiring issue with you FCID valve. It's the small plug (probably purple) on your AAC valve. You can check it's operation by unplugging it and putting voltage from your car battery to it's terminals with your engine off. You should should hear a click sound.
Putting the switch to on possition you could check for resistance between wires using negative ground. One wire is connected to your AC relay and the other travels to ground through your ecu.

link: http://www.sr20forum.com/sr20ve-sr16ve/231289-c-killing-my-ve-help.html

hope that helps

koevi
12-03-2009, 10:17 AM
ooh thanks, ill check it out

kikxz
13-03-2009, 02:59 PM
thats like me in my da9 everytime i turn on the A/C and if im idling my car will almost die as if its going to stall but when i turn the A/C off it idles at 1k again ... so my A/C only works while cruising haha any ideas?

koevi
13-03-2009, 05:24 PM
yayer! cars all fixed by the very best lay automotives again! =D it was the fuel pump chip or something called relay? i duno it was a chip in the fuse box thing. Pro mechanics

kikxz
14-03-2009, 11:39 AM
main fuel relay?

sirdistik
12-04-2009, 01:23 AM
thats like me in my da9 everytime i turn on the A/C and if im idling my car will almost die as if its going to stall but when i turn the A/C off it idles at 1k again ... so my A/C only works while cruising haha any ideas?
Hi kikxz,

Did you manage to find out what the issue was with the rough idling with a/c on? I've just had my condenser fixed due to a puncture, got it back on Thursday but only realised that it's got the same symptoms yours does when i got home. i'm going to give them a call Tuesday to see what they say.