PDA

View Full Version : Need Help fitting my Whiteline Sway Bar

FastFwd
12-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Ok so my swaybar came in, and it comes with instructions but they are so vague its not funny. Theres are the instructions if you wanna have a look.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/instructs/236_BHR36.pdf

So anyways i DIY everything but ive having trouble finding what the bar connects to in the below picture, section i have circled in red. I got under my car and had a good look and i just cant figure it out. (btw if you didnt look at the instructions, this picture below isnt my car. Its the one from the instruction setup guide)

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/fastfwdcivic/Swaybar-1.jpg

Could anyone help me find what i need to connect it to?

SuiJin
12-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Is your eg a gli or breeze if it is you need aftermarket lca or else change them to vti ones or dc2

FastFwd
13-03-2009, 12:42 AM
I dont know exactly what the chassis is cos everything has been changed on the car, including interior/dash etc. Its most probably a breeze or a gli. Came with a d15b4 crappy motor originally so it wasnt vti model.

the Lower control arms are the ones down the bottom hey? connecting from the chassis to the bottom of the suspension struts right? Do any aftermarket LCA's have this connection for the sway bar? or do only some?

liberx
15-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Whiteline do a kit that clamps a bracket onto the breeze lower control arms, not the most elegant of solutions, but works fine for me.

The other option as mentioned is LCA that have the sway bar connector cast into the arm, like from a VTI or Integra (non type-r), or aftermarket.

I suggest also looking at the whiteline rear tiebar to help minimise stress on the chassis mount points, as these have been known to tear (very expensive), particularly with earlier kits. Other options for this include ASR brace (Excellent but $$$, and not made to fit with whiteline bar) or Beaks (not sure of comaptibility).

Hope that helps.

55EXX
16-03-2009, 08:54 PM
eg whiteline fit asr just ek whiteline not fit asr