PDA

View Full Version : Count Meter and Speed-o-meter issue

kindra
12-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Hey guys,

I have a integra 91 and its been having coolant leaking issues. I got the coolant leaking issues fixed but due to this some water has been leaking on to the engine and for some reason, the meter that counts the KM's have stopped counting and the speed meter has stopped working. But the thing is the rev meter works and after driving about 5 minutes the engine lights go on indicating something wrong.

I had a similar issue with this when the engine got washed. The rev meter and the Speed meter stopped working but the meter that counted the KM's still worked. After a few days of driving the problem fixed it self. and everything was perfect.

Now I just have the KM's counter issue and the speed meter issue. Any ideas?

bennjamin
12-03-2009, 09:01 PM
FYI

the speedo is controlled via the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) - which is located ontop of your differential housing off the gearbox.
I would guess liquid is getting inside the VSS itself , disrupting the sensor readout

kindra
12-03-2009, 10:31 PM
FYI

the speedo is controlled via the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) - which is located ontop of your differential housing off the gearbox.
I would guess liquid is getting inside the VSS itself , disrupting the sensor readout

That would explain the speedo but what about the meter reading. Should I just wait for the water to evaporate like last time when water got into it. The meter reading is the only thing I'm worried about. Its not counting the kms LOL. Any ideas?

bennjamin
13-03-2009, 09:54 AM
its not counting the Ks , because the speedo isnt reading ! Its off the same sensor :)

Get it checked out. Pull the sensor out (requires either pull the loom off if OBD1 or undo the clip if OBD0) and clean it out - probably be abit of gunk inside or around the electrical connections

Lowa
13-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Most likely you got some coolent onto the VSS, take it out, give it a clean, and try again, if it fails have a look at ECU-man's thread on PGMFI codes

wazzaek4
13-03-2009, 10:54 AM
same thing is happening to my ek1 atm the rev are working but speedo not can i fix it myself or should i get a mechanic too look at it (im am a bit noob with this kind of stuff)