PDA

View Full Version : CAMBER ISSUES

freaky
11-11-2003, 12:30 PM
hey guys

just wondering where is the best place to by a camber kit for my 3rd gen prelude ???

it has some major issues and i keep fu(king tyres left right and center any help would be great

later brent

poid
11-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Is it lowered? Do you know what the camber actually is at the moment?

gen3 ludes can often have have tyre chewing problems. It is usually a toe issue rather than camber. Also pulling the caster forward can help resolve the problem, and reduce the tail-happiness of the car.

If it actually is a camber issue, then Kmac should have a suitable kit

LUD02C
11-11-2003, 06:16 PM
Hey Brent
I've looked into this!
Yeh his car is lowered..

Kmac do have it, i rang them the other day!
I didn't get a price, cos i forgot and was in a hurry!

You can also go to pedder's or anyother Supension place, but Kmac would proberly be the most expensive!

What tyres do you have on there now? (not your stockies the 17" rim)

Mine has some wicked camber as well, but i will get rid of 4WS bullshit, before a camber kit

poid
11-11-2003, 07:28 PM
before you get a camber kit, get an alignment and ask for the caster to be pulled as far forward as possible. Solved all tyre wear issues on a mate's lude, his was lowered on 18's. The fix was suggested by his bro, who at the time was a professional Honda mechanic.

freaky
22-11-2003, 11:33 AM
thanks guys

ill have to follow this up and do a little bit more research on this topic
and see what i can find out...

later brent

slknv
23-11-2003, 10:19 AM
I used to have a major rear inner tyre wear problem on my 98 gen5 after I lowered it, and at that time it simply had superlow king springs.

Tried a few fixes including toe, castor adjustment etc, didn't really seem to solve anything, though I have heard ludes can be a little inconsistent in how they respond to lowering and alignment?

Anyway, I switched to skunkwork coilovers and at the same time had a kmac rear camber kit installed, after that, I could lower the car 0 to 6" and could have the alignment still within factory specs. The konis also helped massively at sandown! :)

I would believe if you've only lowered the car slightly, the factory camber kit should have some adjustability to cope, though if you're going a little beyond that, it may help to have an aftermarket camber kit to cope with the increased demands

tim