PDA

View Full Version : DC2 a/c issue

Webby_roller
13-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Hey guys, just a quick noob q...

Have a dc2 and the a/c slider dosent slide. I did some research and found that there is a little connecting piece of plastic that is easily broken.

I want to check if it that is what is broken, and i went to try see untill i ran into a problem about taking the little a/c control and vent insert out/apart.

I found one site but it didnt have the reference pictures, so it was pretty usless...

If anybody can help that would be greatly appreciated..... Or if anybody knows of any site that would have info please post...

Cheers

Webby_roller
14-03-2009, 12:50 AM
bumpity....

night_wolf
14-03-2009, 02:02 AM
is it the cold/hot slider or the fan switch?

if its the slider its a cable that runs it and it easily gets stuck due to the age of the car... a replacement works great...

if its the fan switch there is a fork like metal peice that connects to the actual switch. if the switch has poped off the fork then it tends to get jammed. take the a/c vent out by poping out the hazard and demister switches and you shall see two screws in there. take em out and then pull out the plastic covering carfully so that you wont crack it...once thats done the a/c controls shall be attached to the plastic so disable the hot/cold slider from underneath the console from the pasenger side. the fan switch has to be disabled from the inner side cause there is a screw like clip holding it... once thats done u can take out the a/c control box off the plastic and see if its the fork thats jumped out of place.

Webby_roller
14-03-2009, 10:22 PM
is it the cold/hot slider or the fan switch?

if its the slider its a cable that runs it and it easily gets stuck due to the age of the car... a replacement works great...

if its the fan switch there is a fork like metal peice that connects to the actual switch. if the switch has poped off the fork then it tends to get jammed. take the a/c vent out by poping out the hazard and demister switches and you shall see two screws in there. take em out and then pull out the plastic covering carfully so that you wont crack it...once thats done the a/c controls shall be attached to the plastic so disable the hot/cold slider from underneath the console from the pasenger side. the fan switch has to be disabled from the inner side cause there is a screw like clip holding it... once thats done u can take out the a/c control box off the plastic and see if its the fork thats jumped out of place.

Hey, it is the slider, it dosent move at all, it is stuck on cold, which i dont mind atm, but when it starts cooling down you know....

So take off out the hazard and demister switch and then unscrew the screws.... then it just pops off??

Cheers

night_wolf
15-03-2009, 04:06 AM
its sort of glued on there so u have to force it out but carfully ensuring not to crack the plastic

Webby_roller
15-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Cheers, i will give it a go next weekend when i have time, and if i get into any trouble i will give you a yell...

Cheers