PDA

View Full Version : K&N airfilter for 06 VTi-S CVT?

Kit
13-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Hey guys,

what air filters do you guys run? mine's due for a change but honda want $65 + GST for the OEM paper one..

I've been searching without luck for a K&N. The 06 Jazz VTiS uses a rectangular one with a triangular shaped thing on the side but it seems K&N only have this one:
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2917

any recommendations?

lionhart87
13-03-2009, 02:25 PM
i got one before but i bought if off someone in a forum
just goto autobarn or something sure they can order one in

preludacris
13-03-2009, 02:57 PM
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2872

i personaly have used both. dw about the 1.4L description, it fits. i've installed 03 and 06 kn filters.

can tell a slight difference in power and induction noise lol. if u have a manual, make sure to reset ur ECU after install.

Kit
13-03-2009, 03:25 PM
alright.. let me go home and double check the filter shape, I could have sworn i saw the filter was rectangular and the triangular bit was just a cut out.

You got yours from autobarn? are you in Syd? which one?
I got quoted from rocket industries that the price is $120 + GST

Kit
13-03-2009, 03:26 PM
i got one before but i bought if off someone in a forum
just goto autobarn or something sure they can order one in

which filter did you end up getting? K&N?

preludacris
13-03-2009, 04:49 PM
i ordered through autobarn. all shops will get their kn stock from same distributer tho, as i believe there is only 1 in australia.

120 is overpriced. definately do not pay over 100.

Kit
17-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks guys!
I got the K&N panel filter and fitted it this morning.
It doesn't seem to fit as tightly as the stock filter but thats OK.

Feels mostly the same.. may be a slight increase in throttle response, but that could be psychological.. or it could be cos the stock paper filter was just so dirty!

preludacris
17-03-2009, 09:32 PM
u have an auto.

it takes a while for the ECu to relearn the settings. manual cars can reset ecu, and feel the difference straight away :)

Gr3ddy
18-03-2009, 02:49 PM
are pod filters any good for the jazz??

if you got one, how often do you have to clean or change the pod?

trying to get one and wondering whether it'll worth the money...

Kit
18-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I can't say I speak from experience, but personally I wouldn't get a pod filter for the jazz.

I had a pod filter on my old EK4 and that was OK, but I had piping made up and had the pod go into the front bumper well (the empty space after removing the resonator).. so the air was cooler there.

I don't think on small displacement NA cars it is a wise choice to put a pod inside the engine bay.
If you wanted power, I would recommend removing the stock air box resonator, running a cold air feed, then changing your stock panel filter to a higher flowing one.

Kit
27-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Ok, after almost 2 weeks of having the K&N filter on the Jazz, I can highly recommend people changing their stock paper panel filter to the K&N.

In addition to having better flowing material, the K&N also has more surface area than the stock panel. In the stock filter, the filter material does not span the entire panel, it has a corner of solid plastic. The K&N has filter material for spanning the whole panel.

There *maybe* a slight power gain with slightly better throttle response, but the biggest difference for me was the greatly improved fuel economy.

I estimate fuel economy to have increased by 0.5~1.0L/100km over my dirty stock paper filter!

bc143
27-03-2009, 06:31 PM
rocket is the only australia dealer n retail shop can get trade price from dealer so...
after how much you paid for yours KIT?

Kit
27-03-2009, 10:17 PM
I paid $90.
I didn't get it from Rocket. I just got my local AutoPro shop to order it. The filter arrived the next day.

bc143
29-03-2009, 10:56 PM
thanks n will place my order soon