PDA

View Full Version : Revving problem

chriss89
14-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi, ill try posting this here aswell, see if anyone can help me with my problem.

I have an Integra GSi (1996) and im not too sure if this is normal, or if theres something wrong with it.

After i start my car, everything is fine, but just say i go for a quick drive and the enginge stays cold, if i put the car in park or neutral, the car revs really weird. it will rev upto 2000rpm, then down to just above 1000rpm, then up again, then down, up, down etc. until i put it back in drive or turn the car off.

Can someone please help me with this problem?

Any help is appreciated, thanks heaps in advanced.
chris.

burak213
16-03-2009, 12:37 PM
http://www.reallyfunnypictures.co.uk/animals/pics/12.01.08/i-dunno-lol.jpg

nah seriously, i get the same problem as well but in my nissan, would like to find out what it is

Barnz
17-03-2009, 10:14 PM
could be a torque converter issue?
Does it happen when you are in Drive with brakes on?

VTECMACHINE
18-03-2009, 02:29 AM
This seems like a problem with the IAC Valve (Commonly known as IACV). You will need to go get it cleaned.

TBS33N
19-03-2009, 08:15 AM
+1 For VTECMACHINE! I had the same problem on my vtir, came up on the diagnostic as MAP sensor but really was the IACV blocked with gunk! If you have an aftermarket oil coated air filter it will block it alot quicker eg uni filter. The IACV is bolted onto the back of the Intake Manifold just behind the throttle body. Take it off and spray some carby cleaner through it, way for it to dry out then bolt back on a should be sweet!