PDA

View Full Version : ABS brake?

coladuna
25-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Today, I was behind this stupid woman driving a brand new Mercedes CLK320.
We were both making a left turn at the intersection and it was the type of intersection where you can turn any time with care.
Anyway, she started to take off, so I followed, but she suddenly changed her mind and I had to make a sudden stop. Even more so because I was checking over my shoulder for a split second and she stopped in the meantime.
When I came to a stop, I heard some sort of grinding noise.
Is this the sound of ABS working?
I didn't stall the engine or anything either, so that's what I think.
It's just irritating to hear that sort of noise coming from the car.
Stupid rich woman who can't even drive.

baboo
25-10-2004, 08:05 PM
yup that's the ABS kicked in.

The brakes in Accord is really not that good, after 2 hard fast braking it started to have brake fades.

There's definately room for improvements

coladuna
25-10-2004, 09:49 PM
hm.. thank god. I almost had a heartattack when I heard a grinding noise.
I agree that the brake on the Euro is not as good as I had hoped.
If I don't downshift and use engine braking, i need to apply a fair amount of pedal pressure to stop the car.

ECU-MAN
25-10-2004, 10:03 PM
did you feel the pedal pulsate as well.

baboo
25-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Oh yeah, the pedal should pulsate like ECU-MAN said.

That's the sign of ABS working

Type R Positive
25-10-2004, 10:57 PM
The Euro has great brakes, just the pads could do with more bite. I have learned to really take notice when I drive behind women, it is not a sexist thing but they are really shocking drivers.

ECU-MAN
25-10-2004, 11:10 PM
The Euro has great brakes, just the pads could do with more bite. I have learned to really take notice when I drive behind women, it is not a sexist thing but they are really shocking drivers.

I take notice when driving next to women as well, Its a man thing, its got nothing to do with what type of drivers they are though :)

Type R Positive
25-10-2004, 11:15 PM
I take notice when driving next to women as well, Its a man thing, its got nothing to do with what type of drivers they are though :) What, in the car with you or in the car in the next lane? I can't stand both :D

PERTH_EURO
26-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Coladuna i recomend you take you car out to a queit road somewhere and do some abs stops.
So you know how the car reacts. ABS aplications can be very noisy uneasy situations, + the added pressure of the reason for the application.
You need to be used to the fact that the car is goin to shudder etc etc, not focus on that but rather the object your trying not to hit.

I have had many many abs aplications missing kangaroos etc, it became second nature with what the car was doin, and the attention was on driving around the roo.

give it a go..... and when braking keep that pedal to the floor as hard as you can

Type R Positive
26-10-2004, 01:37 PM
Coladuna i recomend you take you car out to a queit road somewhere and do some abs stops.
So you know how the car reacts. ABS aplications can be very noisy uneasy situations, + the added pressure of the reason for the application.
You need to be used to the fact that the car is goin to shudder etc etc, not focus on that but rather the object your trying not to hit.

I have had many many abs aplications missing kangaroos etc, it became second nature with what the car was doin, and the attention was on driving around the roo.

give it a go..... and when braking keep that pedal to the floor as hard as you can I know what you mean! Don't swerve.... yeah right! In a 4WD yes, clean up that furry little native fauna, but not in a sedan! They end up in your lap or beside you and you don't want that!