PDA

View Full Version : Safest way to post/receive wheels from interstate

.k.
16-03-2009, 03:59 PM
hey all, looking at buying a set of black s1 work meisters from melb to be delivered up here to me.. I've got a few questions though, obviously as title says - what is the safest way to get them here? - aand: to know that what is being sent to me is actually the wheels i want to purchase and not like a box with rocks in it

which companies are the best? like auspost / star track express or whatever..

and i think thats it :thumbsup: - thanks in advance for any help, muchly appreciated

kGO!:wave:

EK1.6LCIV
16-03-2009, 04:00 PM
TNT, fk aus post

Ive gotten wheels sent up interstate and would not trust anyone else

mrwillz
16-03-2009, 04:10 PM
vicfast seem pretyt cheap
got a quote today from them including insurance , quite cheap really

make sure you have some sort of a tracking number as well

How is pricing with TNT EK1.6LCIV

yah mum
16-03-2009, 04:15 PM
drive down pick it up urself!!! lol

Type R Positive
16-03-2009, 04:16 PM
I send shit interstate by Toll. Never had a problem.
It also helps when missus work is the Toll dealers in town!

.k.
16-03-2009, 04:21 PM
thanks for the info so far, but is there a way i can make sure this guy will actually send the wheels? like can the courier witness them or something to make sure that they're actually real meisters and im not getting scammed with a box full of paperweights?

haha got uni and work otherwise i'd go down.. one of the options i was looking at was to take a plane down to go see them and make sure everything ok then do the postage myself and then come back up but that puts an extra few hundred on top..

tiksie
16-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Is the guy on here ?

Make sure you get his address, phone number, all his bank details etc before sending payment.

Don't you know anyone in Melb ?

.k.
16-03-2009, 04:42 PM
yeah i'll be sure to get all his details.. nah hes not on here, off boostcruising which is why im sus cos i've heard of way too many stories of people gettin scammed and dont want it to happen to me :)

fabezzz
16-03-2009, 04:53 PM
suppose you could give him half now half later. And yea you could ask the courier to make sure they are the actual rims but by that time you would have already payed him so nothing you can do.

Joe kickarse
16-03-2009, 05:58 PM
if you know someone from melb, get them to go pick it up and check it out first when they pick it up. that way you know it has been picked up and then organise courier for it.

.k.
16-03-2009, 06:09 PM
hmm.. i dont have any family down there so i'll ask around and see if any of my mates know people down there that are able to go by and check them out

thanks for the help so far everyone

Mr_will
16-03-2009, 06:24 PM
tell him youll only pay him through paypal. in the description, be as accurate as you can be, 4 X 16"X6" black s1 work meister, mint condition, etc etc

.k.
16-03-2009, 06:36 PM
so if i did that, sent payment through - he receives it. sends item to me, and if it isnt as exactly described then can i claim the money back? sorry for the nubs questions haha, i've only ever used paypal to buy cheap crap off ebay like phone screen protectors / case etc

Mr_will
16-03-2009, 08:19 PM
correct, yes you can. you have to go through a process with paypal, which can be difficult at times, but it is MUCH safer than paying through bank deposit

.k.
17-03-2009, 10:04 AM
icic, thanks for your help ^_^ i'll let everyone know how it goes

EK1.6LCIV
17-03-2009, 11:23 AM
vicfast seem pretyt cheap
got a quote today from them including insurance , quite cheap really

make sure you have some sort of a tracking number as well

How is pricing with TNT EK1.6LCIV

great :D got wheels sent up a yr and a bit ago for $100 next day from Sydney to Brisbane

they came wrapped on a pallet in perfect condition, and the truck driver waited until I was done checking them thoroughly :D

EK1.6LCIV
17-03-2009, 11:24 AM
drive down pick it up urself!!! lol

lol, never doing that again hey

car gets dirty as hell on those missionz