PDA

View Full Version : dc5r coilovers for ep3

bbds
16-03-2009, 05:21 PM
hi everyone, im about to buy a set of coilovers for my ep3, they came off a dc5r. i just wanted to ask before i purchase them. Would these definately fit?

Thanks in advance

ds

BRU51N
16-03-2009, 07:12 PM
from what ive read its not a direct fitment the rears of the dc5r strut is wider and wont fit on the ep3.

however u can shave down the sides of the struts, usually its rubber bit that sits inside the eye hole part. ive read that alot of people have done it and havnt had any issues, however i went with proper ep3 specific coilovers for my old ep3.

also the tie rod ends for the fronts are different a well. the tie rod end bolt is fatter and wont slide in the dc5r coilovers, u will need to purchase a set of dc5/dc5r/dc5s tie rod ends at the wreckers or from factory honda which isnt too expensive either, or the option of going the inverted tie rods from aftermarket companies if you plan to go real low on the ep3's

bbds
16-03-2009, 08:54 PM
thanks for that, i didnt relise it was that complicated i was told it was just a straight fitment... hrmmzzz.. i guess i wont end up purchasing them and just go for ones that are made for the ep3

thanks for clearing that up for me once agains