PDA

View Full Version : cigarette lighter problem

danny_
16-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Hi guys,

I've got 08 civic fd and suddenly my cigarette lighter its not working. I try it to charge the cigarette lighter by push it in and its not coming out like years that should come out like 2 minutes.

I dunno whats happen, its working before. Anyone got this problem before? Any advice? or should I just drop it to honda service?

Thx guys... :P

ej20i
16-03-2009, 09:50 PM
try like cigi lighter charger or something...if nothing...chek fuse

danny_
16-03-2009, 10:03 PM
thx ej20i, but i'm kinda nob so which part is the cigi lighter changer or the fuse?

MMike
17-03-2009, 08:06 PM
I'd say its the fuse.

Did you drop a coin or something down there? I've seen a few cases where this has stopped the cigarette lighter from working.

It's easily replaced either DIY or mech/auto-elec :)

ej20i
18-03-2009, 08:41 AM
if u were in sydney u cudve come down to my shop and fix it for ya...but just go to a local mech and they can do it for ya...for like 20 bux or something mate

Kangaaz
18-03-2009, 10:37 PM
my ciggy lighter ejector mechanism might have problems. When it ejects i have to hold on to the thing or it will pop out of the hole and fall to the ground.

r6andy
25-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Hi guys,

I've got 08 civic fd and suddenly my cigarette lighter its not working. I try it to charge the cigarette lighter by push it in and its not coming out like years that should come out like 2 minutes.

I dunno whats happen, its working before. Anyone got this problem before? Any advice? or should I just drop it to honda service?

Thx guys... :P

haha funny you should say that coz my cig lighter won't stay in. i mean it works i just have to hold it in manually which doesn't bother me anyway i've got an '08 fd1 also must be a manufacturers fault or something