PDA

View Full Version : Ek silver paint code & DIY spay paint moulds, etc

siir
17-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Hi guys,

just wondering, if any of you know which is the best spray paint brands that match the OEM ek - for spraying the side skirt, lip and the rubber moulds for ek (DIY)

Q1. what is the matching silvery colour for dupli spay paint to OEM ek silver?
or is there any other brands out there?

Q2. what is the best brand for primer for spraying the side skirt, lip and the rubber moulds for ek (DIY)?

Q3. What is the best clear gloss/ paint protection spay paint = the ones that doesnt go yellowing over time.. ( i know some of them goes yellow after few months)

your knowledge/experience would be great!! :thumbsup:

cheers

MWAKU
17-03-2009, 11:15 AM
just go autobarn. they have everything u need there

plasti primer, color coded paint, clear coat. just say what your doing and what surface its on, and they'll get you sorted. i think K&H is what most ppl use for spray cans.

simonnowis
17-03-2009, 11:22 AM
1. the EK silver is called new vogue silver metallic. from memory the paint code is nh-583m i think. well it should be on the passenge door jam so check there. you have to get this specially mixed up.

2. the moulds and skirts are plastic. you need to get sandable plastic primer. but prior to sanding you need to wipe down with grease and wax remover.

3. The clear coat you need is acrylic lacquer, normally it is best to stick with same brand stuff as some may not be compatible and cause a chemical reaction.

as mwaku said all of this can be purchased at autobarn.

hywindz
17-03-2009, 05:14 PM
there are a few guides on how to paint the moulds in the D.I.Y section
check it out and give it a go

markoJEK1
19-03-2009, 07:26 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108257

siir
20-03-2009, 10:58 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108257

thanks heaps! :D

siir
20-03-2009, 11:00 PM
1. the EK silver is called new vogue silver metallic. from memory the paint code is nh-583m i think. well it should be on the passenge door jam so check there. you have to get this specially mixed up.

2. the moulds and skirts are plastic. you need to get sandable plastic primer. but prior to sanding you need to wipe down with grease and wax remover.

3. The clear coat you need is acrylic lacquer, normally it is best to stick with same brand stuff as some may not be compatible and cause a chemical reaction.

thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

also thanks "mwaku"..
btw is there any other place that can help you out beside autobahn?
say repco? or ...?

mrwillz
20-03-2009, 11:32 PM

there is actually a spray can with this exact same paint code pre mixed
i think supercheap had it when i bought a can long time ago

nobbs
21-03-2009, 03:01 PM
if ur in sydney, go to kenneys automotive paints on horsley drive in Carramar. give them the paint code (nh-583m) and ur on ur way...the have everything else u need also

simonnowis
22-03-2009, 11:55 AM
oh really they have that paint code mixed up off the shelf?
iv been to repco, supercheap, local auto shop and none had it pre-mixed, the local auto shop didnt even have the code in their books so couldnt mix it. so autobarn was the only alternative.

trism
22-03-2009, 12:12 PM
if you go to a specalist paint shop they will mix it up for you ad put it in a pressure pack

mrwillz
22-03-2009, 12:17 PM
oh really they have that paint code mixed up off the shelf?
iv been to repco, supercheap, local auto shop and none had it pre-mixed, the local auto shop didnt even have the code in their books so couldnt mix it. so autobarn was the only alternative.

oh well
i must of been lucky to find a can which had the exact same code as my old silver ek1.