PDA

View Full Version : Needing to find the windshield water pump motor

Crescendo
17-03-2009, 12:57 PM
I have no water coming out from the windshield jets. This was working fine, until i drained out all of water the other day. Topped it up and no waters coming out.....
The wipers are working, but i can't even here the pump running.
I've checked the 30a fuse and this visibly looks ok...might replace it just in case.

Needing to know where the motor is located so i can double-check if it's burnt out!!

My Honda Accord is a 1996 vti model (CD5).

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

SC.

trethus
17-03-2009, 03:58 PM
it's located on the tank itself, under the passenger side headlight, you have to remove the front passenger wheel well cover to get at it....

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr105/trethus/accWasher1.jpg

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr105/trethus/accWasher2.jpg

bennjamin
17-03-2009, 04:00 PM
there is usually two small water pumps - for two lines (front windshield and rear) - as mentioned they are located directly on the water reservoir itself.

bennjamin
17-03-2009, 04:01 PM
get a friend to flick the water spray on the dash , and place your head near the FRONT LEFT wheel arch. You should clearly hear a loud "whirl" from there as the water is pumped thru the lines

Crescendo
17-03-2009, 04:43 PM
trethus - Thanking you for the detailed explanation/diagram.
bennjamin - The "friend" was me flicking the switch and "the wife" had her head near the bonnet!!! No sound was heard.

I shall advise the outcome this weekend.

Q - are washer motors expensive? (say 2nd hand through a wrecker)

trethus
17-03-2009, 04:49 PM
not a problem.

probably not too pricey, they would rather just give you the whole unit....usually

Crescendo
23-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Ok, followed the above instructions by taking the inner fender cover off and drained the water from the reservoir.
Unpluged the windshield motor and found the contacts was the problem - a good clean up, plugged the motor back in, topped up the water and wella....success :thumbsup:

My pics aren't uploading....i'll try later.

Now i've found another problem with the Accord - new thread started.

SC.

Crescendo
25-03-2009, 07:47 PM
How the hell do you upload photos on this forum - can't get it to work - always failing on me...

trethus
25-03-2009, 10:36 PM
you have to host them on a website like photobucket,

and paste the url in your message as you write it.