PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Problem??? Help NEEDED

damo46
17-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Hey everyone got an eg with a integra type r engine and gearbox installed into my car and the full conversion and has been running smooth every since installed, for 1 month now.

Went to take it out the other night when after warming it up, got in and it just wouldnt go into any gear at all. So i switched it off, put the clutch pedal in, selected reverse and started the car, it reversed fine and drove fine around the block and so forth, although the gears were not as normal and bit hard, then i swithed it off and got the same problem, dosent want to go into gear, and when i switch it off and start it in gear with clutch in it starts by itself as if its in gear although i have my foot on the clutch, and it still kicks as if the clutch isnt in.
And when it does start in gear , when i try and take off theirs a vibration on the pedal as im trying to take off, and a grinding noise ...

The box was taken off and the clutch had about 80% meat and looked fine when it came from japan when i inspected it so i just left it.

Have been told that the diaframe on the clutch has probly fallen apart or something off the clutch has chipped off or broken apart and therefore not letting the clutch engage properly at all times.....

Planning on replacing the clutch because im confident this is the problem but would like to hear other opinions first please!!

Im writing this up to get peoples opinions please if you know what your talking about!
All comments and help would be much appreciated thanks!!

-unknown-sss
17-03-2009, 09:16 PM
have a look at the clutch fluid first, then goto your clutch slave cylinder towards the gearbox and check whether the boot sleeve is leaking or not.. Check also the lines.. When you press the clutch, do you feel any pressure or does it hit the floor?

Check these first before buying clutch.

delsol9000rpms
17-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Was/is the clutch engauging at the bottom?.. if so then check pedal adjustment as the clutch may not be dis-engaging properly.

Also check that clutch fluid is not leaking etc. Bleed the system

Try these and then report back to us if that fixes the problem.

delsol9000rpms
17-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Also if its not going into gear smoothly as it should be.. DO NOT force it in as you will cause damage to the synchros

damo46
17-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Hey guys, When the problem arrised , it had plenty of fluid, No leaks at all from anywhere of the clutch components, The clutch pedal is still strong as normal, The clutch was Bled for about 10 minutes and still didnt fix the problem, umm pretty much everything has been done.... This is why few mechanics people i know have said the clutch has probly fallen apart or something like that, although yeah what you guys reckon... Does it sound like its the clutch fuked up??, because everything works fine besides the clutch dosent engage when it wants to.... ?!?!

Thanks lads

delsol9000rpms
17-03-2009, 09:56 PM
is it making any funny noises when the clutch is depressed? does the clutch grip at the bottom or towards the bottom when your releasing it to take off?

damo46
17-03-2009, 09:58 PM
When i release the clutch yes it makes wierd funny noises , like a rattle sorta thing.... The clutch from memory i think grabs at the bottom but its like its weak when grabing, dosetn grab hard, ...

delsol9000rpms
17-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Your clutch is rooted... Try adjusting it from the pedal underneath the dash so you make it engage higher up... see if that helps.. With the noises you are saying etc... your clutch has had it and i would strongly reccommend that you avoid driving it as you may cause major damage to your gearbox and it could become expensive.. get your clutch changed ASAP

damo46
17-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Hey man thanks alot, the information and technical issues i have told you are all accurate from my behalf, So i think im happy to go forth with changing the clutch now, i was 90% sure it was rooted, dont know exactly what it is but its stuffed somehow...
I was going to drive it to my mechanics place which was about 3-4kms away... although i would you tow it their?
I have not driven it at all after this has happened, just started it and showed people the problem...
I will be ordering the clutch very soon

delsol9000rpms
17-03-2009, 10:18 PM
I guess you could drive it but try and avoid pressing the clutch as much as possible... Drive sensibly and it should be fine from your house to your mechanics

damo46
17-03-2009, 10:26 PM
ok sweet.. yeah ill drive early in the morning.. avoid traffic, .. thanks alot for your help

delsol9000rpms
17-03-2009, 10:45 PM
No worries..