PDA

View Full Version : AUS-Bound, 2009 Civic Si Hatchback

tran99
17-03-2009, 09:11 PM
G'day guys, was at the 2009 MIMS, and saw the "new" 2009 Civic Si Hatchback. Effectively a 5 door version of the current FN2 Type R (without LSD, bodykit, 2.0 DOHC i-VTEC engine) , the car is finally arriving in Australia, after years of sales in Britain.

I talked to a John Blair representative and he said the car is strictly "limited edition", Australia will only receive 400 this year. :eek: He reckons pricing will be below $40000, think around the same as current Type R.
I think the allocation was 120 manual and 280 automatic. Performance will be provided by a 1.8 SOHC i-VTEC with 103kw, either with 6 speed manual or 5 speed auto-grade logic. Colour choices are limited to Galaxy Grey Metallic, Crystal Black Pearlescent, Milano Red, Alabaster Silver Metallic, but no Championship White :(

Here are the links to other details and images, I will post up the brochure soon :)
http://www.cnet.com.au/cartech/cars/0,2000438541,339295348,00.htm
http://www.pressportal.com.au/news/580/ARTICLE/4483/2009-03-02.html

FallenAngel
17-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Gosh why don't the fd's have a 6 speed manual here =[

Fung
17-03-2009, 10:15 PM
just bring in the FD2R~~~

aero
18-03-2009, 12:25 AM
gee... i can see that this may appeal a lot more to the females out there because of the whole hatchback thing, but seriously, in my opinion the FNs are ugly. given that these new 4 door versions will be selling at around the same price of the FN2R, but with the same power as an FD1 (which IMO looks much better), i wonder if it will actually sell.
i know its only 400, and some people may like its shape, but that price tag...:thumbdwn:

JOhnnyFD
18-03-2009, 10:17 AM
being honest here... no point getting that car

sinalot
18-03-2009, 02:06 PM
G'day guys, was at the 2009 MIMS, and saw the "new" 2009 Civic Si Hatchback. Effectively a 5 door version of the current FN2 Type R (without LSD, bodykit, 2.0 DOHC i-VTEC engine) , the car is finally arriving in Australia, after years of sales in Britain.

I talked to a John Blair representative and he said the car is strictly "limited edition", Australia will only receive 400 this year. :eek: He reckons pricing will be below $40000, think around the same as current Type R.
I think the allocation was 120 manual and 280 automatic. Performance will be provided by a 1.8 SOHC i-VTEC with 103kw, either with 6 speed manual or 5 speed auto-grade logic. Colour choices are limited to Galaxy Grey Metallic, Crystal Black Pearlescent, Milano Red, Alabaster Silver Metallic, but no Championship White :(

Here are the links to other details and images, I will post up the brochure soon :)
http://www.cnet.com.au/cartech/cars/0,2000438541,339295348,00.htm
http://www.pressportal.com.au/news/580/ARTICLE/4483/2009-03-02.html

Had a chat to local dealer and he said it will be priced slightly higher then civic sports model, so probably around 35K. Remember this is a premium model. ;)

More in line with pricing of say a sp23 + lux pack.

FallenAngel
18-03-2009, 10:25 PM
being honest here... no point getting that car

Agreed...

Had a chat to local dealer and he said it will be priced slightly higher then civic sports model, so probably around 35K. Remember this is a premium model. ;)

More in line with pricing of say a sp23 + lux pack.

I'd rather get the SP23 if thats the case...

sinalot
18-03-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm just surprised how people jump to conclusions without first driving or even sitting in the car. Just my 2 cents ;)

JOhnnyFD
18-03-2009, 11:29 PM
the specs dont match with the price.. tat wat im basing my opinions on

but hey, only 400.. lucky them

aero
19-03-2009, 01:12 AM
honda would make a lot more money if they brought in 400 FD2Rs to australia. i dont know the price it would cost at a dealer if they did... $60k?? around same price as evo or sti?? i dunno (probably more. doesnt matter what the price is). but i think that they would get snapped up much faster than these si hatches.

UNLS1
19-03-2009, 10:17 AM
honda would make a lot more money if they brought in 400 FD2Rs to australia. i dont know the price it would cost at a dealer if they did... $60k?? around same price as evo or sti?? i dunno (probably more. doesnt matter what the price is). but i think that they would get snapped up much faster than these si hatches.

OMG, how come ur not working for honda aus??? u seem like u know whats best for them in this current market.

give them a call and tell them u know what to do and u know what people want!:honda:

i would put money on the fact that the Si civic would sell much quicker than 60+k FD2r civics....pull ur head in.

aero
19-03-2009, 02:14 PM
lol chillax man. its just my opinion on things. i dont have any facts to back it up.
$60k is a lot, but so i $35k for this Si hatch. like JohnnyFD said, compared to the specs on this 4 door FN hatch, it doesnt look like ur getting much bang for ur buck.

UNLS1
19-03-2009, 02:43 PM
lol chillax man. its just my opinion on things. i dont have any facts to back it up.
$60k is a lot, but so i $35k for this Si hatch. like JohnnyFD said, compared to the specs on this 4 door FN hatch, it doesnt look like ur getting much bang for ur buck.

i see what ur saying but, its not about bang for buck, i get more people asking me if the type R comes in auto/4 door/ and leather than i do people asking about the type R itself.

people want the looks, auto and leather and thats what they are getting!

cymax
19-03-2009, 02:53 PM
I agree with UNLS1. Honda is only interested in targeting at the general market. If Honda is to cater only to the consumers in OH, they'll go no where.Also, salesman will DIE!!!! Majority of them are looking for cars that are comfort and fuel efficiency.
The Si hatch will definitely sell like hot cakes.

sinalot
19-03-2009, 08:00 PM
I agree with UNLS1. Honda is only interested in targeting at the general market. If Honda is to cater only to the consumers in OH, they'll go no where.Also, salesman will DIE!!!! Majority of them are looking for cars that are comfort and fuel efficiency.
The Si hatch will definitely sell like hot cakes.

Indeed. Just browsing through last issue of wheels and they quoting prices will likely start at circa $30K. Thought this was before GFC. It indeed is a very unique car and equipped to brim. I'm sure the Australian allocation will sell out.

sinalot
19-03-2009, 08:11 PM
OMG, how come ur not working for honda aus??? u seem like u know whats best for them in this current market.

give them a call and tell them u know what to do and u know what people want!:honda:

i would put money on the fact that the Si civic would sell much quicker than 60+k FD2r civics....pull ur head in.

2nd that.

moons
21-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Lets hope the boat sinks.

:-(

Stig
21-03-2009, 11:06 PM

if they ever did bring out the fd2r (which is a no) and for the price 60k, i think most of us would rather get an evo over the fd2r for that price tag, cos i know i would =D

aero
22-03-2009, 12:01 AM
lets hope the boat sinks.

:-(

lmao!

denot
22-03-2009, 12:14 AM
I could already see salesman saying to a chick that looking @ the Si: "This is same as the type R, but this one came in auto and 4 doors. Perfect for you!"

Anyhow, if the price is the same as the FDs, I think it would really sell... but if the driveaway is 38k-ish (if RRP is 35k-ish). Dont you guys prefer the euros? :p