PDA

View Full Version : Want Type R spoiler on Type S

[Type_R]
17-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey guys,

I did do some searching before i posted this (couldnt find anything)-

as stated above, just woundering if anyone has replaced the lip off your type S and replaced with type R spoiler?

If so - does the rear lip need to be removed and boot resprayed?

Also, would carmate.com.au be the best place to purchase the spoiler?

Thanks

Chuckz
17-03-2009, 10:02 PM
dont think you need to re-spray. u need to get fillings for the holes from the type s spoiler. type s spoiler will need to be removed if u want type r spoiler on ur car

have u checked if any of the traders or parts for sale if any1 is selling it? have a look first

tiksie
17-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Carmate is a rip off :/ They want like 7 million dollars for a carbon fiber bonnnet for eg

GSi_PSi
18-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Carmate is a rip off :/ They want like 7 million dollars for a carbon fiber bonnnet for eg

this man speaks the truth!. carmate charges heaps because of the quality.
But in reality there quality suffers because moudlings and casts are shithouse. Go to bodyform at liverpool, top place!

[Type_R]
18-03-2009, 12:18 PM
this man speaks the truth!. carmate charges heaps because of the quality.
But in reality there quality suffers because moudlings and casts are shithouse. Go to bodyform at liverpool, top place!

$274.00 from carmate doesnt seem too expensive, But hey if i can get it cheaper else where!

[Type_R]
18-03-2009, 07:00 PM
This type S still has the lip on and the R spoiler:
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6707/types.th.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=types.jpg)

This is on a RSX-S though, so i dont know.... :S

vippy84
18-03-2009, 10:58 PM
u just need to drill holes for the type R mounting.. the type S ducktail/spoiler, you dont hve to remove it!!

ask 'maracer'. I think he has both on.. I've seen people have both of them on.

[Type_R]
19-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Thanks Vippy.

iversonruls
19-03-2009, 03:00 PM
u just need to drill holes for the type R mounting.. the type S ducktail/spoiler, you dont hve to remove it!!

ask 'maracer'. I think he has both on.. I've seen people have both of them on.

he is not using the oem lip spoiler, it is the a-spec one from US which is not as wide as the oem one.

oem one will need to be modify in order to fit the type R one on top

Type S Tony
19-03-2009, 03:06 PM
bro i found heaps of wings on e-bay yesterday, i posted all the link in the wanted forum, you can even get sick looking carbon fiber ones, i think you should also consider getting visors aswell, they look good with the wing!

[Type_R]
19-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks Tony!.. ill try find the link