PDA

View Full Version : DC2 VTI-R clicking

HoBoz
18-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi, i've searched the forums and can't find a similar probelm. Sorry if the topic is already up.
I've isolated the probelm of the clicking/ticking to the the area where the fuel injectors are, can anyone think of something that would make this noise and what can be done to solve the probelm?

quenjose
18-03-2009, 09:34 AM
my injectors click away happily in the first 5 mins of a cold morning start...
noise disappears once warmed.

I've used injector cleaner additives before... but found that they dont do anything at all... so i just live with it.

rmalov
19-03-2009, 07:34 AM
dude i had the same problem wif my vtir, but i sold it lol

cupnoodle
19-03-2009, 10:17 AM
I have a DC5R and I have a similar ticking noise, described as

Recently started ticking at idle and low rpms. The noise sounds like it's coming from the belt area. You'll notice it with the windows shut, but it's more prevalent when u got them open. Doesn't discriminate against engine temperature (will hear when warm or cold).

Could anyone clarify?

F.O.B Squad
19-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Maybe needs a tappets adjustment??

VTECMACHINE
19-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Maybe needs a tappets adjustment??

I would say the same thing!!

HoBoz
23-03-2009, 01:03 PM
can anyone sugggest a place to get it done in sydney?

VTECMACHINE
23-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Touge Tune, or IS Motor Racing.

Ben from Touge Tune will make you leave your car in the shop overnight though - so everything is ice cold for adjustment.

HoBoz
23-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Touge Tune, or IS Motor Racing.

Ben from Touge Tune will make you leave your car in the shop overnight though - so everything is ice cold for adjustment.

Any idea how much it will cost for a full major service? and the tappet adjustment?

B18cEG
23-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Any idea how much it will cost for a full major service? and the tappet adjustment?

Call him maybe :p

HoBoz
23-03-2009, 08:42 PM
btw what is actually changed in a full major service

VTECMACHINE
23-03-2009, 09:20 PM
For a full major 100,000 km service, Ben will change, cam seals, water pump, timing belt, adjust tappets, change engine oil and filter, possibly g/b oil, and brake fluid (depending on when you last got these changed), change fuel filter. Give it a good check over.

However, ultimately it's up to you what you want to service, and how you want it done, and he will do what you want him to do... but he will advise what he thinks you should do. Great guy, been going to him for ages, and he has never screwed up. Price is good compared to other performance machanic shops too.

PM me if you want me to hook it up.

Cheers.

detasemen88
26-03-2009, 10:52 PM
well.. that could be the injector or valve lifter noise..... i also have a SSII Celica, and it make that ticking or rattling noise too.... the other day i brought the car to the workshop, and found that the intake CAMSHAFT had been worn out, and i am ordering the parts from Sydney.

so i guess the ticking noise/ rattling noise could come from the injector or the valve lifter??

duckey
24-04-2009, 10:45 PM
get ur tapets adjusted and perhaps use thicker oil... how many k'z ur car done?

joe.teg
25-04-2009, 11:13 AM
I have a DC5R and I have a similar ticking noise, described as

Recently started ticking at idle and low rpms. The noise sounds like it's coming from the belt area. You'll notice it with the windows shut, but it's more prevalent when u got them open. Doesn't discriminate against engine temperature (will hear when warm or cold).

Could anyone clarify?

have u recently thrashed the car coz it sounds like u need a new bottom end :D

B18cEG
25-04-2009, 11:25 AM
have u recently thrashed the car coz it sounds like u need a new bottom end :D

what exactly do u mean, this is the result of thrashing a car??? please dude, the main result would prob be lubrication issues or plain and simple wear. shit maybe i shouldnt thrash my car or i might need a new bottom end, bahahahahahahaha

duckey
25-04-2009, 12:20 PM
what exactly do u mean, this is the result of thrashing a car??? please dude, the main result would prob be lubrication issues or plain and simple wear. shit maybe i shouldnt thrash my car or i might need a new bottom end, bahahahahahahaha

hahah yeh true aye.....

HoBoz
17-05-2009, 08:36 PM
any other suggestions?

Ericx
18-05-2009, 10:13 AM
So its coming from the top half of the car, the injectors? my ones ticking all over the place lol. But i'm getting my headers gasket checked soon. I had a tappets adjustment and it was still the same.

Neesmo31
19-05-2009, 08:53 AM
It is noted that the injectors on the dc2r are quite noisy as it is, and also the hondas are renowned to have a noisy valvetrain. Your valves may need adjusting but most often it is the injectors. Grab a screwdriver and put the handle on your ear, and the other end on each individual injector, you should be able to hear them clearly over everything else. Check that all injectors sound the same and that there are no differences between them. But if you said that the noise goes away after it gets warm then obviously heat is effecting tolerances thus something may/could be worn.

HoBoz
19-05-2009, 03:31 PM
It is noted that the injectors on the dc2r are quite noisy as it is, and also the hondas are renowned to have a noisy valvetrain. Your valves may need adjusting but most often it is the injectors. Grab a screwdriver and put the handle on your ear, and the other end on each individual injector, you should be able to hear them clearly over everything else. Check that all injectors sound the same and that there are no differences between them. But if you said that the noise goes away after it gets warm then obviously heat is effecting tolerances thus something may/could be worn.

Nah i was wrong the noise doesnt go away when warm, it just quietens down abit, but once warn and idle again it can be heard just quieter

DvS-
19-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Nah i was wrong the noise doesnt go away when warm, it just quietens down abit, but once warn and idle again it can be heard just quieter

as others have mentioned, get the tappets checked out/adjusted, my injectors click like crazy, im used to it now though. i was also told it could be the LMA's.

HoBoz
19-05-2009, 06:28 PM
as others have mentioned, get the tappets checked out/adjusted, my injectors click like crazy, im used to it now though. i was also told it could be the LMA's.

LMA's? I got a tappet adjustment a few weeks ago noise still occurs.

DvS-
19-05-2009, 08:56 PM
LMA's? I got a tappet adjustment a few weeks ago noise still occurs.

i just googled this up for ya..

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f146/lost-motion-assemblies-explained-224573/