PDA

View Full Version : wiring loom simple question

RandyRhydah
18-03-2009, 12:06 PM
hey guys im in the process of taking out my engine and just a simple question when you buy a whole typical conversion (engine box axels wiring loom etc) does the loom go only for the engine parts but for headlights etc aswell? because i dont want to have to rewire all my headlights and indicators and shit again if i dont have to.

xmod
18-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Depends but usually it just comes with the engine loom / harness what ever you want to call it

imratedpg
18-03-2009, 10:49 PM
engine wiring loom is a totally seperate loom to your headlights, indicators which are attached to your interior loom.

therefore you will not need to rewire all your headlights and indicators again.

patto14
18-03-2009, 11:38 PM
ummm hi :)

RandyRhydah
19-03-2009, 08:15 AM
thanks fellas its just the wires leading to the headlights and horn and indicators are jst binded up with the engine loom wires i got a bit confused. will go hack that shit up now :D

jdm_b16a
19-03-2009, 09:05 AM
hey guys im in the process of taking out my engine and just a simple question when you buy a whole typical conversion (engine box axels wiring loom etc) does the loom go only for the engine parts but for headlights etc aswell? because i dont want to have to rewire all my headlights and indicators and shit again if i dont have to.

Engine loom is just that. In most "engine packages" it is connected to the intake manifold. You also get an ECU which has plugs. Sometimes the plugs have been cut but always ask for an uncut loom. Saves a lot of work.

Headlights etc are on the "cabin" loom and shouldn't need to be rewired.

Peter