PDA

View Full Version : How to get off lights on DA9

Chriskoss
18-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Hey guys I want to install some blue LED parkers im my da9..

Is the only way to get to the parkers is by taking off the whole light? Or is there a way to pop off the front cover so I can just take out the parkers and replace them with the LED's..

Seems to look like a hassle to take out the whole light assembly to put in parkers.. but if I do need to take them out.. is it just a matter of unbolting the bolts and disconnecting the wires (theres no special way of doing it so I dont bust my headlights for good?)

thanks!

Chriskoss
18-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Ok lol I got to the right one, just twist them out how silly of me..

but the left one is a bitch.. next to the air box in a tight spot.. how do I get to it.. Do I have to move the battery then take out the box? .. arrghhh

Chriskoss
18-03-2009, 02:52 PM
anybodyyy?

tseesinngwailo
18-03-2009, 03:13 PM
from memory you should be able to get at it without moving the battery, it is a pain tho, but you do realise blue parkers will point you out to the police much more, i had an expensive set of ice white ones, they looked whiter than my headlights, both broke and stopped working about a month and a half after installation, so gave up and went back to normal bulbs

Chriskoss
18-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Why.. is it even illegal 2 have blue parkers.. lol

Bludger
19-03-2009, 07:21 AM
Ok lol I got to the right one, just twist them out how silly of me..

but the left one is a bitch.. next to the air box in a tight spot.. how do I get to it.. Do I have to move the battery then take out the box? .. arrghhhremove whatever is necessary to get to where you want to get at..

Why.. is it even illegal 2 have blue parkers.. lolanything non OEM ( original from factory) is technically unroadworthy.

Chriskoss
19-03-2009, 10:35 AM
So if I have my blue parkers in for rego they will fail me lol.. damn should of found this out before buying them.. the white LED's would be fine though right

redefine
19-03-2009, 11:29 AM
iirc, its illegal because emergency vehicles use alot of blue lights...thats what i remember hearing, not sure if its correct or not.

trism
20-03-2009, 11:27 AM
exactly

all forwards pointing lights other than indicators must be white

blue is not white therefore its illegal