PDA

View Full Version : Mugen BodyKit

dark138
26-10-2004, 03:39 AM
I just wanna know whos got a bodykit installed on their jazz and where they got it from.

i know prices for mugen pro kit from:
JDM is doing $1800 landed
carmate is doing $1600 fitted
SRS in sydney is doing under $2000 fitted and installed

i've had friends who bought a cf bonnet from srs and it doesn't really fit, had to file the edges so it actually closes properly
a kit from carmate and the front bumper fell off over a speed bump.

i proably want to purchase one near christmas >.< and wnats to get one which will definately FIT and decent price.

any recommendations guys?

Jus-10
26-10-2004, 08:24 AM
If it is real Mugen you won't have any issues with it fitting properly.

My guess is JDMyard are providing legit gear (they only do genuine stuff) whereas the other dodgy places are offering you rip-off pieces made of fibreglass.

There is no way the other 2 places could be beating JDMyard on price - I'm yet to see any of the dealers/shops in Sydney that can match or beat their prices on authentic products.

spoon fit
26-10-2004, 10:18 AM
they never reply my mail

TypeG
26-10-2004, 11:46 AM
lol
man...
i assume those price are for lip version not professional as 1800 is not the same quote as i quote b4 from JDMyard b4
For full bar version from srs and carmate
lol
u got what u pay for.....
SRS cf bonnet is shit as i got b4
quality is good but not fit well.... so if u want, just get it
kits from carmate is well known since they are shit
and srs... from my pass exp. , their fitment is an issue, always said they perfect fit but after that gaps everywhere

also dun get lip version since they look shit man..... professional kit is the way to go as the copies for lip version will never perfect fit but if u go get real mugen, get it since u wont have any issue at all.

consider a well fit kit with good quality is around $450 for each bar so just do some calulation which one is the way to go.

Civic Type R
26-10-2004, 11:54 AM
I have seen the genuine Mugen Jazz when i was at the Mugen HQ/Japan and the kits available are AWSOME !
They are polypropelene and fit like a glove to the car. Well worth the money for the few available made by Mugen.

bottom line, if you ant piece of mind for quality. Go genuine mugen.

TypeG
26-10-2004, 12:02 PM
yes but most ppl will only afford lip version for mugen kits since pro kit is around $3500 landed and painted

Civic Type R
26-10-2004, 12:19 PM
well you can go the cheap option and have it fall off when you go over a speed bump :?

TypeG
26-10-2004, 12:59 PM
will your do?
i think u are too low then
lol
coz i got kits for all my previous cars, no single kit have fall off
lol but will crack
yeah u get what u pay for all the time but $3500 is a bit too much for kit since it is for look only

dark138
26-10-2004, 01:40 PM
i can't afford a geunie mugen kit coz it costs way too much to buy.

what are kits from JDM are made of?

i m willing to spent about $2500 fitted, that my budget

TypeG
26-10-2004, 02:27 PM
i think i give u a quote b4
my kits will arrive on 29/10 since delay from custom
and i will see how it fit on my car and i will show u some pic and u decide from there
Oz kits always not well fit is well known... and that's y i get a copies from other place

Civic Type R
27-10-2004, 06:11 PM
what are kits from JDM are made of?

I already wrote the answer to that.

They are polypropelene and fit like a glove to the car

cheers

brightboyfree
27-10-2004, 07:28 PM
I just wanna know whos got a bodykit installed on their jazz and where they got it from.

i know prices for mugen pro kit from:
JDM is doing $1800 landed
carmate is doing $1600 fitted
SRS in sydney is doing under $2000 fitted and installed

i've had friends who bought a cf bonnet from srs and it doesn't really fit, had to file the edges so it actually closes properly
a kit from carmate and the front bumper fell off over a speed bump.

i proably want to purchase one near christmas >.< and wnats to get one which will definately FIT and decent price.

any recommendations guys?

I just got the mugen body kit (copy one without rear wing) from hongkong, it's only $1600 coloured and fitted (good quality :thumbsup: ), which is including shipping and GST...
see picture here :) --> http://hk.photos.yahoo.com/brightboyfree

TypeG
27-10-2004, 07:53 PM
lol
he wanted professional kit i think
and for yr kit, i have no idea baout the quality but i can see it is not fill up the gap so well.
For lips, u can get full kit from xracing for $900 and paint and fit is around $500 for lips since mine is $700 for full bar

brightboyfree
27-10-2004, 08:24 PM
lol
he wanted professional kit i think
and for yr kit, i have no idea baout the quality but i can see it is not fill up the gap so well.
For lips, u can get full kit from xracing for $900 and paint and fit is around $500 for lips since mine is $700 for full bar

Excuse me, I coundn't find any gaps, where is it, could u tell me please??? :!:

TypeG
27-10-2004, 09:49 PM
i just saw yr front bar
the corner where the fog light locate is stick out a bit
also u can see a deep shadow all around your front and rear bar as it wont appear in mugen geniue kit since those positions should be thinner

brightboyfree
28-10-2004, 02:00 AM
i just saw yr front bar
the corner where the fog light locate is stick out a bit
also u can see a deep shadow all around your front and rear bar as it wont appear in mugen geniue kit since those positions should be thinner

Oh, i don't think so......i still cannot find any deep shadow or gaps anywhere on my body kit....if u have to say u did find it, that's your problem!!!

hopefully, your new body kit looks better than mine :!:

toE
28-10-2004, 02:01 AM
keep the shit fights to PMs!

TypeG
28-10-2004, 02:13 AM
man
i just told u what i have seen after seeing yr pictures coz i saw one lip version fit in pic is not like that
as yr lips are not really fit and feel like one piece
maybe the beater problem....... :thumbdwn:

mine is different as it is full bar
if not fit nicely will look shit :thumbdwn:

brightboyfree
28-10-2004, 02:16 AM
man
i just told u what i have seen after seeing yr pictures coz i saw one lip version fit in pic is not like that

And Thank You :!:

TypeG
28-10-2004, 02:20 AM
lol
sorry man
u show us all yr pictures to us in different angle and u expect everyone give u a :thumbsup: ?
also that's not yr fault.... since copies kits are never same qaulity and fittment as geniue anyway

brightboyfree
28-10-2004, 02:53 AM
lol
sorry man
u show us all yr pictures to us in different angle and u expect everyone give u a :thumbsup: ?
also that's not yr fault.... since copies kits are never same qaulity and fittment as geniue anyway

That's why I said Thank You for your advice :D , If you still don't want to accept that, what do you want??

RobboEK
10-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Guys where can i find a genuine Mugen Bar in Australia?
I'm finding a lot of cheap knock off fibreglass bars but none genuine.
If someone could steer me in the right direction the would be great.
i looked at the mugen power website but i can't read japanese and the english pages are under the construction.
so if you could PM me that would be great.

hinezz
10-06-2007, 01:54 PM
try, Team Jet Speed in QLD - http://www.teamjetspeed.com.au/

they are gud

crazyray
10-06-2007, 02:18 PM
try contacting BT-revolution, JDM YArd , JDM Concepts..

those guys might be able to help you out otherwise motorware

kenzi
01-08-2007, 11:46 PM
1800 landed for the mugen kit is impossible, mugen kit is very expensive, u need to find it out ,is that one is real mugen or copy one,too many copy mugen body kit. they tell u is mugen kit ,yeah that right, the shape is 100% same but is not real mugen make in japan,if u get the real one from japan at least $3000 or more without paint, it's true.

kenzi
01-08-2007, 11:49 PM
also the slimline door visor set have mugen brand too , u can get the copy one ,the copy one only use the double side tape to stick it to your car and it is very cheap to get the copy one .

noodleman27
10-08-2007, 10:48 PM
i brought a genuine mugen front bar from jdmyard

Etora
04-11-2007, 12:47 PM
hey guys i know its not exactly a mugen kit but i do have custom body kit also for sale... see if you guys are interested selling for cheap, also got a pair of 18in rays rims for sale plus rear projectors for plus carbon bonnet as well as RSR lowering springs

u guys can call me anytime on 0433 084 945 or 0433 383 283
thanks