PDA

View Full Version : EK Facelift

bobby drake
18-03-2009, 06:36 PM
I know that there are many threads on this already but they all are DIY (at least the ones that i could find are).
I want to know where to go to get it done from a workshop.
not too good at the whole DIY thing but looking to get it done without costing an arm and a leg.
anybody on this forum had it done?
located in sydney

simonnowis
18-03-2009, 07:12 PM
you would have to source the parts yourself. depending on oem or aftermarket parts there will be a big price difference.
also theres painting and labour costs of fitting which will cost an arm an a leg.

The most you can save will be to buy 2nd hand or aftermarket parts, get them painted and fit it yourself. when I got side mouldings and skirts painted, the workshop took off $100 the price since I took the parts off and on after. So fitting alone wont be cheap for all the parts required.

Mugen_B16B
18-03-2009, 09:42 PM
source the parts and im sure someone in syd on this forum could help u out, rather then goin to a panel shop and that costing u a fortune
ive done this conversion so id give u a hand but im in brissy

maybe pm zco as he's done facelift conversions before and im sure he can do it for ya not costing a fortune

18-03-2009, 09:54 PM
many people have done it.. alot cheaper to source parts your self. ring around wreckers for 2nd OEM panels.

also decide if you want 2nd hand or new OEM parts or aftermarket panels. then find a sprayer that will align and spray it properly.

EK1.6LCIV
19-03-2009, 05:01 PM
just making sure the finish is up to par is very important (had a clown paint a panel for me not in a dust free environment and I made him do it again...)

2nd hand is the way to go, but if u buy new all at once, they lay out a discount anyhow (will cost alot of money, not the route I'd be going, but have seen it happen before...)

kraftycuts
20-03-2009, 05:20 PM
ive done this on my ej and sprayed it to true red recently. yeah like everyone else is saying sourcing 2nd hand parts would be the better option. i done the facelift myself but got the painter to finish it off. getting the 2nd hand parts didnt cost me too much but you might want to save up for the paint.