PDA

View Full Version : Integra turbo

Integra89
19-03-2009, 12:25 AM
hey guys, just ndering if anyone knows about a turbo kit for a 87 integra D16A engine? iv had a quick look on the forum but couldnt see anything about it? also would u need to change the gearbox or would the stock one hold up?

Fo55il
20-03-2009, 07:58 PM
ill jump in before sum1 else before says that.

search first

but ill try not to be a k*nt n drop sum basics hea

depends wat u want to achieve,

stock boost -> ur engine n everythin will hold depending on current conditions.

theres a few ppl on d forums sellin a d16 kit. ill see if i can find em for u.

at the end of the day its just wat u wanna achieve.

A-man
20-03-2009, 08:29 PM
yeh if u get the basic civic kit u can adjust it to fit the integra but i dont think its a great deal different

kccord
20-03-2009, 10:39 PM
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=23&cat_key=134&prodname=Honda+Civic+SI%2C+B%2C+D%2C+CRX+Series+Tu rbo+Kit

It's good now esp with exchange rate atm. Check with Jason at Treadstone if he knows anything about the intercooler piping and the downpipe fab for the 89teg.

Integra89
23-03-2009, 12:44 AM
ill jump in before sum1 else before says that.

search first

but ill try not to be a k*nt n drop sum basics hea

depends wat u want to achieve,

stock boost -> ur engine n everythin will hold depending on current conditions.

theres a few ppl on d forums sellin a d16 kit. ill see if i can find em for u.

at the end of the day its just wat u wanna achieve.

all im looking for is sck boost, i mean im going to pull the head off to do a head gaskit soon so ill have a good look at the internals then, this car is just a lil project, all i want it for is to have a lil bit of fun and its somthing not many...if anyone at all has done so its somthing kinda new, thanx for the help, that would be great if u could get those people

Fo55il
23-03-2009, 02:38 AM
theres quite a few ppl wid d turbos around. so i wouldnt say different. but yeah. up2 u

i recommend boost over b16

Integra89
23-03-2009, 09:33 PM
theres quite a few ppl wid d turbos around. so i wouldnt say different. but yeah. up2 u

i recommend boost over b16

yea but its the car that my d is in, there arnt many of these cars getting around as it is, let alone turbo, what u mean u recommend boost over b16?

Fo55il
23-03-2009, 09:48 PM
i rather drive a d turbo
than a b16
or a b18

get me ?

but then again i rather drive a b18 turbo than
a b16 turbo or a d16 turbo

Integra89
23-03-2009, 10:02 PM
yea i get that, but the engine is fine and like i said, im not going for mass amounts of speed, just for somthing diffrent

Fo55il
23-03-2009, 10:02 PM
ye just boost it man.

Integra89
23-03-2009, 10:05 PM
yea well my "fast" car is a fairmont, sp yea iv found a joint in melbourne that can make a full turbo kit including intercooler and all for about $600, sound ok?

Fo55il
23-03-2009, 10:06 PM
thats pretty fukin cheap

ur boosting ur integra right?

600 is awesome price

any warranty ?

Integra89
23-03-2009, 10:09 PM
yea the integra, yea thats wot i thought, mind u not installed and the parts arnt like massively known ones, then you get a bit more but they say they can make a good turbo kit for $600, yea its got like a year or 2 warranty on it i think, and if they use second hand parts E.G the turbo they check and play in the rotor shaft and all that and rekit if needed

Fo55il
23-03-2009, 11:44 PM
where is dis shop ?

Integra89
24-03-2009, 05:52 AM
where is dis shop ?

ringwood, i can get the for you if u like? i cant remember the name of the joint though

Lukezen27
24-03-2009, 05:21 PM
yea the integra, yea thats wot i thought, mind u not installed and the parts arnt like massively known ones, then you get a bit more but they say they can make a good turbo kit for $600, yea its got like a year or 2 warranty on it i think, and if they use second hand parts E.G the turbo they check and play in the rotor shaft and all that and rekit if needed

I call shenanigans!

$600 is only $100 more than just buying RC 440CC injectors...........

What could possibly be included in this kit?

Fo55il
24-03-2009, 06:00 PM
thats waht uim curious about

Integra89
24-03-2009, 07:07 PM
I call shenanigans!

$600 is only $100 more than just buying RC 440CC injectors...........

What could possibly be included in this kit?

like i said everythng, manifold, intercooler and piping, turbo, oil lines, bov, dump pipe, oil catch can ect. ect. ect...the catch is its no all well known stuff like garret or anything, but for what im looking for i really dont mind about brands

Q_ball
24-03-2009, 07:10 PM
What ecu do u plan on running with this 600 buck gear?

600 bucks for an entire "kit"... you can afford to take the risk and still have money left over to repair any mess LOLLL

Jst so you know, an average figure for a low-mid range turbo kit is about 5k ;)

Lukezen27
24-03-2009, 07:52 PM
like i said everythng, manifold, intercooler and piping, turbo, oil lines, bov, dump pipe, oil catch can ect. ect. ect...the catch is its no all well known stuff like garret or anything, but for what im looking for i really dont mind about brands

Honestly, mate!

You’re asking for trouble you don’t want.

There is no way in hell this kit will be any good and more than likely do damage to your motor…

I mean that’s even cheaper than those eBay kits that fall apart just weeks after install.

If you do decide to take the risk make sure you start a thread with the outcome for other to learn what not to do.

Do a search on this site… there are threads of where people who have said “”I’ll take the risk and buy a eBay kit what’s the worst that can happen””

Both ended badly even though everyone tried to warn them not to buy crap…

They ended up changing close to everything before they were happy with there new projects.

Save your cash and buy a known brand kit

Integra89
24-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Honestly, mate!

You’re asking for trouble you don’t want.

There is no way in hell this kit will be any good and more than likely do damage to your motor…

I mean that’s even cheaper than those eBay kits that fall apart just weeks after install.

If you do decide to take the risk make sure you start a thread with the outcome for other to learn what not to do.

Do a search on this site… there are threads of where people who have said “”I’ll take the risk and buy a eBay kit what’s the worst that can happen””

Both ended badly even though everyone tried to warn them not to buy crap…

They ended up changing close to everything before they were happy with there new projects.

Save your cash and buy a known brand kit

i do understand what you guys are saying, and im not one to say "whats the worst that could happen" im a mechanic, i know what can happen, but this is just a mess around car, i picked it up for $100, if it blows up then it blows up, then i have somthing to rebuild for a few years in my spare time, and if it doesnt then i got lucky

Fo55il
24-03-2009, 10:55 PM
ok thsi is gettin wierd now

so ur a mech ?

n 5k is a bit too much for a mid range kit. luke n i both did it for way less than that.

suss out wat brands they r using, but 600 isnt too bad even if its not that well known. worsse comes to worse. new engine .

Integra89
25-03-2009, 04:13 PM
ok thsi is gettin wierd now

so ur a mech ?

n 5k is a bit too much for a mid range kit. luke n i both did it for way less than that.

suss out wat brands they r using, but 600 isnt too bad even if its not that well known. worsse comes to worse. new engine .

y is me being a mechanic weird? yea 5k for mid? i wouldnt spend that much on a mid range turbo kit, thats getting to the high end stuff

destrukshn
25-03-2009, 04:20 PM
because it doesn't seem like you know what even a cheap turbo conversion would cost.
IF you got everything for $600.
it won't even work.
hahaha.
okay for the bare essentials for it to work.
you will need a
turbo
manifold
different dump pipe
air filter
piping from turbo to intake
oil lines
ecu
injectors
vacuum lines, and t pieces.

i'm not adding a intercooler, becuase you can run without one, but it would run like shit.
i'm not adding a exhaust, becuase you don't have to upgrade, but it would run like shit.
if you can get all that for $600, and actually make it work.
by jebus you've yourself a bargain.

Fo55il
25-03-2009, 04:33 PM
u dont need injectors, but still

600 is cheap

wen r u gettin this ? i wouldnt mind meeting up n checkin it out

Lukezen27
25-03-2009, 05:50 PM
u dont need injectors, but still

600 is cheap

wen r u gettin this ? i wouldnt mind meeting up n checkin it out

That's the go Fo55il :thumbsup:

Check it out for us and tell us know whats deal :p

lookingforboost
25-03-2009, 07:38 PM
the turbo will probally fall appart first... you can do it cheaper if you do all the labour your self and honestly if you get the high end gear for a turbo kit there will be over 5k in parts before you get it installed even at trade prices..... trust me i know

let me know if you want to buy some real turbo gear caz i have some garrett turbos here turbosmart bovs boost controllers etc.....:P

A-man
25-03-2009, 11:40 PM
i wouldnt b the quickest to burn people...

im using a ebay kit was similar for 750 and i spent 5k doin mine with no labour....

mine works really well touch wood no problems except tune... i think theres 2 types of chinese gear some stuff l8ly seems to b coming from taiwan and its thicker steel with the manifolds and a few other diffs but the chinese stuff is really thin and easily cracks u all know this....

i think it depends how u install it and what procautions u take when ur instaling it. however quality does make a diff

but for that price i rekon u would b spending that much gettin pipes and clamps and silicon joiners for that much and even a catch can a cheap one is 60 bucks and a off the shelf one is over 100 bucks.... so keep all that in mind when ur buying these kits its bang for buck

how much is all this stuff worth if u buy it in a shop compared to off the net even intercoolers if the kit comes with it and u change the turbo ur already ahead

Integra89
25-03-2009, 11:41 PM
because it doesn't seem like you know what even a cheap turbo conversion would cost.
IF you got everything for $600.
it won't even work.
hahaha.
okay for the bare essentials for it to work.
you will need a
turbo
manifold
different dump pipe
air filter
piping from turbo to intake
oil lines
ecu
injectors
vacuum lines, and t pieces.

i'm not adding a intercooler, becuase you can run without one, but it would run like shit.
i'm not adding a exhaust, becuase you don't have to upgrade, but it would run like shit.
if you can get all that for $600, and actually make it work.
by jebus you've yourself a bargain.

ok let me explain here, im a truck mechanic, i know what goes into installing a turbo...does anyone really know why the turbo was invented? it was around the 40's to produce better fuel ecconamy, and someone realized if you cool the air it will produce more power, i know you can run it without an intercooler, now, what im saying is not that i can get the best parts for this price, this is what I have been quoted by joint that is a honda sepecilast, they are the ones saying they can make me this kit and that it will not have a problem, i never said it wouldnt, infact i said if it doesnt have problems im lucky

Lukezen27
26-03-2009, 07:21 AM
ok let me explain here, im a truck mechanic, i know what goes into installing a turbo...does anyone really know why the turbo was invented? it was around the 40's to produce better fuel ecconamy, and someone realized if you cool the air it will produce more power, i know you can run it without an intercooler, now, what im saying is not that i can get the best parts for this price, this is what I have been quoted by joint that is a honda sepecilast, they are the ones saying they can make me this kit and that it will not have a problem, i never said it wouldnt, infact i said if it doesnt have problems im lucky

Go for gold bro!

Keep us updated on the progress ;)

PS we all knwo why turbos were invented

IEVAQ8
26-03-2009, 07:41 AM
i looked for ages when i had my da3 86 integra d16 twin cam.......

the best i could do was a custom kit from a workshop in airport west for $5000.

but they wernt a honda performance shop, just a random performance shop....

good luck with it, it was alwaysd a dream of mine to boost the old d16a

Integra89
26-03-2009, 11:06 AM
yea im going to...FO55il is gonna come and give me a hand when i do it, ill keep everyone updated, and as for what you said IEVAQ8, its a good dream that ima do lol, where bouts in melbourne are you?

IEVAQ8
26-03-2009, 01:01 PM
yea im going to...FO55il is gonna come and give me a hand when i do it, ill keep everyone updated, and as for what you said IEVAQ8, its a good dream that ima do lol, where bouts in melbourne are you?

im in the west.................pm me ur details, id love to help or see it in progress

also try looking here for advise or help.
http://www.g1teg.org/

Integra89
26-03-2009, 03:34 PM
im in the west.................pm me ur details, id love to help or see it in progress

also try looking here for advise or help.
http://www.g1teg.org/

yea man, like iv said before help is always better, so yea if u wanna help for sure, but it is a little far away lol

Limbo
29-03-2009, 12:44 AM
$600, you'll be lucky to pick up a decent second hand garrett (might be able to pickup a cheap bush bearing one for $300) & a decent manifold will set you back at least about $300 for a cast iron one.
And a tune will set you back at least $600.
Those are at least the main things i would look at

Integra89
29-03-2009, 11:26 AM
$600, you'll be lucky to pick up a decent second hand garrett (might be able to pickup a cheap bush bearing one for $300) & a decent manifold will set you back at least about $300 for a cast iron one.
And a tune will set you back at least $600.
Those are at least the main things i would look at

yea well like i said this is what they said they could do, so maybe it isnt right but yea

Fo55il
29-03-2009, 01:58 PM
600 for a tune?

VTi_b0i
29-03-2009, 02:05 PM
yeahh man...

Fo55il
29-03-2009, 02:11 PM
thats pretty steep.

i got mine done for way less from a very reputable shop

VTi_b0i
29-03-2009, 02:22 PM
maybe u were lucky :p most places i know of are all around that price... and lets face it, u dont want to go to a place simply because its cheap, as it could be the difference between your motor lasting 2months or 2 years...

Fo55il
29-03-2009, 05:36 PM
nah mang, reputable

ART in heidleberg.

Integra89
29-03-2009, 11:39 PM
maybe u were lucky :p most places i know of are all around that price... and lets face it, u dont want to go to a place simply because its cheap, as it could be the difference between your motor lasting 2months or 2 years...

well thats why u gotta talk, if u find a cheap place ask people that have been there what they think and what happend tot their car