PDA

View Full Version : H22A with a Warranty???

simpdogg
26-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Hey all,

Im plannig on buying a H22A vtec engine to replace the SOHC non vtec in my 95 accord, im confused after shopping around for a while ive heard many varying prices.

The prices ive been given are starting from $2500 upto $3300 for the engine, + labour, natrually i dont want to make the wrong decision and get a crappy engine.

does anyone know where i could go and find a good relaible H22A engine with a warranty???

cheers
simpdogg

droneh22a
26-10-2004, 12:22 PM
I doubt that any will come with any kind of warranty because they're from cars the distrubutors no nothing about. The best you'll probably get is a gauranty on startup and any sensors/wires that come with the engine.

azjs
26-10-2004, 01:35 PM
At most, the shops who do the work for you will have some sort of waranty on the entire build.

-az

Type R Positive
26-10-2004, 04:49 PM
The place doing your conversion if they are any good should check the engine out as well. Nearly every engine out of Japan has got stuff all Km's on them, but they are half cuts / engines for a reason. If you have the money, cet some cams and a gasket kit for it and get them to check it out for you. Definately change the timing belt.

ABZY
26-10-2004, 04:59 PM
adelaide jap sold me a h22a front cut with a 3 month warranty.

nothing has gone wrong with it in over 20000km.

www.adelaidejap.com.au

McChook
26-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Firstly - you need more than an engine, you need a mechanical front cut

Secondly - any reputable wrecker has a minimum 3 month warranty up to 6 sometimes 12 month warranty - just ask them about their warranty hehn you ring for a price