PDA

View Full Version : dc2r window seals

juns
19-03-2009, 02:24 PM
hey i was just wondering if anyone here has had their whole car (all windows) seals replace and how much it would cost. i've heard that it would cost quite a bit but wasn't sure so any help would be appreciated.
cheres:thumbsup:

Q_ball
19-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Over a grand from Honda mate.
I'm looking at doing that myself...
Its not cheap at all!

adnoh
19-03-2009, 02:29 PM
only 2 rubber seals for both sides...I got a set spare.

juns
19-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Over a grand from Honda mate.
I'm looking at doing that myself...
Its not cheap at all!

:eek:... lol
any ideas if it's easy to replace seals by yourself? and if so, how much would the seals alone cost without installation

Q_ball
19-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Yeh, seals alone without installation is close to a grand.
No cheap way around this.
You wouldnt wanna buy 2nd hand ones as you dont know if they'll work until you fit them and test them.

juns
19-03-2009, 02:44 PM
oh okay didn't think it would knock you back a grand or so. but thanks for the help cheers mate :thumbsup:

VTECMACHINE
21-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Wow.. that exxy. I need to do my rear seal. Water is leaking into my boot and spare tyre well - when it rains hard. It has to be that seal yeh?

hisoka
21-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Wow.. that exxy. I need to do my rear seal. Water is leaking into my boot and spare tyre well - when it rains hard. It has to be that seal yeh?

yep thats the seal~ EK civics have this problem always. you can put some light sealant usually but i would try and get it changed. or park it on a hill nose up. then water doesnt get in. depending on were the leak is. almost always the boot

and yes it costs heaps lol.

Bludger
22-03-2009, 03:44 AM
Wow.. that exxy. I need to do my rear seal. Water is leaking into my boot and spare tyre well - when it rains hard. It has to be that seal yeh?I doubt its the rear boot seal.

I think its more the ventilator flap. plus, a lot of us teg boys have the imitation s2k antenna. when we changed to the s2k antenna, we left open a drain pipe and i reckon water would get into that as well.

6thgear
22-03-2009, 11:06 AM
for rubber seals, might be worth checking out rubber dealers such as clark rubber? just a thought.

VTECMACHINE
22-03-2009, 11:14 AM
I was going to buy a S2K antenna last week. Decided against it.

Moey.C
23-03-2009, 03:52 PM
y is every1 so into s2k antennas? is it like off tap reception of something

geeang
23-03-2009, 04:42 PM
y is every1 so into s2k antennas? is it like off tap reception of something

Because some people like the look of it compared to the ugly giant telegraph pole of the stock antenna when fully extended.

Lowa
23-03-2009, 06:43 PM

Before you buy and change seals remember to take a look at your tail lights, used, or old tail lights have a rubber seal that tends to deteriorate, alot of the times thats the cause of water seeping into the boots of our cars, there a DIY(cheap) fix on teamintegra