PDA

View Full Version : ecu

Johnn_Q
19-03-2009, 06:19 PM
can you run a DC2r ecu in a DC2 vtir

irusti
19-03-2009, 06:25 PM
you cant, cause dc2r has different compression ratio compared to a vtir. u would have to chip it then tune it...but whats the point cause you might as well chip your oem ecu and save money. if you want to alter fuel/air ratios then get a VAFC. but if i was you i wouldnt waste time and money to change the ecu into a standard dc2r.

eght
19-03-2009, 06:27 PM
yes it is possible. you may need a conversion harness depending on what OBD platform your vehicle is currently running.

what year is your dc2 vtir?

steeeven
19-03-2009, 06:29 PM
yeah iristi write cause it varies id be easier just to get a vtir ecu less complications.

eght
19-03-2009, 06:33 PM
can OP clear up his/her question? do you want info on installing the ecu or running it? coz if its in regards to running a dc2r ecu then irusti is right in saying dont waste your money, its rather pointless really. get VAFC, hondata, neptune, greddy e-manage etc. etc.

night_wolf
19-03-2009, 11:33 PM
you cant, cause dc2r has different compression ratio compared to a vtir. u would have to chip it then tune it...but whats the point cause you might as well chip your oem ecu and save money. if you want to alter fuel/air ratios then get a VAFC. but if i was you i wouldnt waste time and money to change the ecu into a standard dc2r.

Spot on mate...couldnt have explained it better than this! if only i could rep you :thumbsup:

vinnY
20-03-2009, 12:21 AM
not to mention the dc2r ecu will not be able to control the dual butterflies in your stock vti-r manifold

Limbo
20-03-2009, 07:15 AM
pretty sure the dual butterflies are mechanically controlled by u throttle cable.
It should work so long as the obd plug is the same or u get a conversion harness. It may not make any difference in power though if that is your aim.

i've seen someone on here test with a b18, b16 and type r ecu. they all seem to work fine. Though on his dyno charts the b16 ecu seem to give the best results

ECU-MAN
20-03-2009, 08:04 AM
secondry butterflys ( IAB ) are controlled by the ECU, not throttle cable